Get-Together

Yo was zonked out next to Pha as they waited for the others to show up

Yo was zonked out next to Pha as they waited for the others to show up. Pha tenderly brushed a hand over his fiance's head, then went back to texting the others. They'd finally agreed on a day where all of them would get together. He looked up, squinting against the sun to check and see if anyone was there yet. Yo had chosen an outside table, claiming he needed the fresh air for the baby. Pha knew that was just an excuse so people wouldn't get irritated if he fell asleep at the table - which he had. So Pha didn't say a word. Besides, whatever his baby wanted, his baby got. Especially right now, since he was in such a delicate condition and not allowed to do much for himself. It was a miserable existence for poor Yo, who still managed to keep a bright smile on his face and chattered nearly nonstop about what they'd be doing when the baby was born. Yo was so ready to be a mom, a total one-eighty from the scared guy that had found out not only was his dad wrong about his ovaries, but he was two months pregnant. Surprise!

Pha, on the other hand, had started out being confident in becoming a dad. Then as the months slowly passed, he was getting more and more unsure of himself. He knew nothing about being a father. What if he accidentally hurt their baby? What if he made her cry? What if he did something that would cause problems for her in the long run? Thoughts like these would circulate through his head everyday when he wasn't around Yo, eating away at him.

"You're going to get wrinkles early in life if you keep frowning like that, dumb Pha."

Pha rolled his eyes as Pring slid into the seat across from him. "Hi, Pring."

Pring nodded at him, concerned that Yo was sleeping at the table

Pring nodded at him, concerned that Yo was sleeping at the table. "Is he okay? All he does is sleep."

"He's exhausted. His hips were giving him problems last night, and we ended up being in the tub for nearly three hours before he wasn't hurting too much to sleep. Then he was up before me, and I found him crying into his pillow when I woke up. For some reason, he just would not wake me up."

Pring looked so sad. "Why? What happened?"

"He...had a nightmare," Pha sighed, rubbing his temple tiredly. "About the baby."

"Oh, no...you mean..."

"Yeah. He dreamed he had a miscarriage. He was crying and saying it was all his fault. Took me forever to calm him down. He was so sure he'd lost the baby. I convinced him he hadn't because there was no...well, you know, and he could still feel her moving."