Mood Swings

"I don't want to eat that."

Kit couldn't understand why Ming had suddenly turned so petulant, unwilling to eat his breakfast. If this was yesterday, he'd be late for morning Sotus. But luckily there was no morning Sotus today, so Ming was in the clear until this afternoon. "Ming-"

Ming pressed his lips together and turned his face away, refusing to say anymore on the matter.

"Okay," Kit sighed, picking up the bowl of hot noodles and taking it over to the desk. I'll eat them if you won't. "What do you want?"

"Not hungry."

"You have to eat something."

Ming eyed him, miffed at his words. "I don't have to do anything."

Where is this coming from?? He was in such a good mood when he woke up

Where is this coming from?? He was in such a good mood when he woke up... Kit wasn't hurt, he was puzzled. He and Ming had woken up entangled like usual, sharing a few lazy kisses before taking a shower together, then dressing in their uniforms for school. After that, Kit heated up some food he'd gotten last night to save time. "Can you at least stomach some toast?"

Kit held his breath while waiting for Ming to answer. His fiance considered the request. "Okay."

Relief flooded his system as he hurried to make some toast. "Do you want anything on it?"

"Butter."

Kit soon had two pieces of generously buttered toast in front of Ming. He tried not to hover as Ming slowly ate the first piece, forcing himself to stare instead at the noodles he was eating. "Two classes today, right?" He asked casually.

Ming frowned. "Yes."

"Okay." Kit tried not to say anything else. Then, "Is there practice today?"

"Yes."

"Did Yo tell you if he's going?"

"No."

No, he didn't tell you, or no he isn't going?? Kit thought it wiser not to ask. "Do you want me to go with you?"

"Why?" Ming sounded annoyed, and he probably was. Kit was asking a lot more questions than usual.

"Just asking."

Ming forced himself to speak calmly. "I'll be fine, Kit."

Kit nodded, daring to glance over at Ming. He was just starting in on the second piece of toast. "Okay. Call me if you need me."

Ming suddenly glared at him. "I'm not gonna break, Kit. I know I've had some horrible morning sickness, but you don't have to tiptoe around me like I'll explode at any moment." He shoved away from the table and went over to the bed, angrily laying down on his side, facing away.

Kit was frozen in place, staring after his fiance. Now he was feeling the hurt. He was only trying to make sure Ming didn't get sick again. He was worried. And Ming just went and bit his head off.