Moon Mentors

Yo was bored. So were Blue and Ming. They were the only Moons at the practice today. The others all had assignments they needed to complete and couldn't make it. Which was fair, since Yo and Ming had been absent from the practice a few days ago. Nate, Aim and Mean were off to the side playing a card game. Yo didn't know who had brought the pack of cards, but he was a bit miffed the girls hadn't asked any of the boys if they wanted to play. He shifted in his chair, folding his arms over the back and dropping his chin on his arms. His back had been aching since this morning, so he was sitting backwards in the chair to ease it. It wasn't nearly as bad as before the prenatal massage, but it was still annoyingly uncomfortable.

 It wasn't nearly as bad as before the prenatal massage, but it was still annoyingly uncomfortable

"When is break time?" Blue grumbled, scrolling through Instagram on his phone for something to do. "I'm hungry."

Yo checked his watch. "Five minutes."

"Oh, thank Buddha. Feels like my stomach is about to eat itself."

Ming snorted. "You don't know the meaning of hunger. Try being pregnant and wanting to eat everything in sight."

Or not eating for nearly a week because you're trying to lose weight while you're depressed, Yo added silently.

From the look Ming gave him, he knew what Yo was thinking about. Yo pointedly looked away.

Blue's gaze dropped to Ming's belly. "I've been meaning to ask, how are you doing? Not sick anymore?"

"Yeah, my morning sickness has finally eased up. Felt a bit nauseous this morning, but I didn't have to rush to the bathroom, so that's a victory."

"I'm glad. I was really worried when I heard you were kept in the hospital overnight."

"Who..." Ming narrowed his eyes at Yo.

"Wasn't me," Yo held his hands up. He wasn't about to let Ming chew him out for something he didn't do.

"Then who-"

"Win told me."

"And how did Win know??"

Blue eyed Ming warily. "Uh...I guess P'Beam told him when he asked?"

Ming made a grumpy face. "Great. I just love how everyone talks about my private business behind my back. Aish."

Yo sniggered, patting Ming's shoulder. "Get used to it. Until the twins are born, you're going to be a constant topic of discussion for our fiances and their friends, and our friends."

Blue nodded. "Yeah. We're a pretty tight group."

"I don't mind that," Ming rubbed lightly at his forehead. He wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad. He knew they were all worried about him. "It's just...if you find out something about me, I want me to be the one to have told you. That's all."

"Like anyone ever asked me if it was okay to talk about my business?" Yo snorted. "You all discuss me when I'm still sitting there. This is karma, stupid. You deserve it."