How To Be A Parent: 101

While James distracted Pha from hovering over Yo, Lily and Malee sat on either side of the pregnant nineteen year old, deep in conversation. Malee squealed when she felt her niece move, excited to be an aunt. Yo and Lily shared an amused look.

"And after finals, P'Pha and Forth are going to paint the nursery," Yo continued, sighing happily. "Forth already helped P'Pha put the crib together last week. Do you want to see it?" He pulled at his shirt a little, having rode up on his waist a bit. He was wearing a couples shirt, and Pha was wearing the other one, which had garnered some laughter from the Kongthanins upon their arrival.

 He was wearing a couples shirt, and Pha was wearing the other one, which had garnered some laughter from the Kongthanins upon their arrival

"Only if you're up to showing it to me, Yo," Lily wasn't sure he was. Yo kept shifting every once in a while, like he was uncomfortable.

Yo tried to push himself up. He grunted at the effort. "Sheesh...not quite six months along, and it's already near impossible to stand up on my own."

"Let me help," Malee chirped, standing in front of Yo and holding her hands out. "I won't pull you. You can use my hands to pull yourself up."

"Thank you," Yo grasped Malee's hands, trying again to get to his feet. Didn't work. "Um..." he looked at Lily sheepishly.

"Here," Lily gently pushed on his back, helping him up. "There. Feel okay?"

Yo nodded, gently massaging his lower back. "Yeah, thanks. I needed to get up for a moment. My back can't take sitting down for hours on end," he eyed Pha, gazing at him with a frown. "No matter what certain fiances seem to think," he raised his voice enough for Pha to hear.

James cracked up at Pha's sulky face. "Told you."

"Yeah, yeah," Pha huffed, folding his arms.

"Come with us, P'Pha."

James wanted so badly to laugh again at how whipped his son was for the tiny pregnant guy. No sooner had Yo said the words, then Pha jumped up to be by his side. He's way worse than I was.

Yo pulled Pha's arm to wrap around his waist, humming happily as they led the way to the nursery. "The crib will go against that wall over there once the room is painted," Yo gestured to the opposite wall. "And we even have a changing table and dresser ordered. They'll be here in a couple weeks."

"Can I help paint too??" Malee begged, giving her brother a pathetic, pleading look.

"I don't know," Pha raised a brow, teasing her. "Can you?"

"Will you let me help? Please, P'Pha???"

"P'Pha," Yo whispered, gently poking his fiance's side. "Of course you can help, N'Malee," he said warmly, resting his head against Pha's chest. "Next time, ask me, not him."

"Rude," Pha teased, softly nuzzling Yo's temple.

They went back into the living room. James was talking on his cell phone. He mouthed 'work' to Lily, who nodded in understanding. They were on call every second of the day, even on days off.