Fairy Angel Bodyguards

Yo peeked around the doorjamb, nervous about heading into the lab

Yo peeked around the doorjamb, nervous about heading into the lab. He still wasn't exactly sure how he was going to tell the Fairy Angel Gang about the baby. He patted his trouser pocket, feeling a bit better that he had the picture with him. If they didn't believe him, at least he had proof it was true - there really was a small life growing inside him.

A fact he still felt giddy about.

"E'Yo!"

Time to face the firing squad. "Hey, girls. Sorry I'm late."

Montree eyed him carefully as he sat between Fatty and Red. "You look better today. Not feeling sick anymore? Or were you sick this morning and that's why you skipped the first class?"

"Um..." Yo bit back a soft smile, remembering how he'd woken up safe and warm in Pha's embrace, then spent the morning lying in bed while Pha gently caressed Yo's small bump. It was barely visible, but still very much there, showing their growing baby. Both of them had skipped their morning classes so they could spend time with each other and their little one. "No, I wasn't sick this morning. I was-"

"If you say having fun with your boyfriend, I'll cry," Fatty said dramatically. "You should be careful, E'Yo. You never know what could happen. Do you want some of my birth control?"

Yo couldn't help snorting. He shook his head. A bit too late for that, Fatty, but thanks. "No, thank you. I'm good."

Only Montree was carefully looking him over. "Did you have 'fun' this morning?" Before Yo could answer, he continued with, "Because not to get personal or anything, but...you look like you're glowing."

At Montree's words, Red and Cake turned and studied him. "Yeah," Cake said, poking Yo's cheek. "And your skin is softer. What skin care regimen are you using?"

It's called pregnancy. You should try it - after you graduate, Yo thought hysterically, wanting to laugh. "I'm not doing anything different."

"Look at his eyes," Red commented. "They look brighter and more awake today. You don't look as tired or worn out. I'm glad. That means you must be feeling better now, na?"

"Yes, lots better, Red," Yo confirmed, giving her a bright smile. "In fact, I have some amazing news to tell you all."

His friends leaned in, eager to hear what Yo had to say. But just as he was about to take the picture out and show them, the professor came in, starting class and cutting off all conversation. His friends made disgruntled faces.

"After class," he promised them, patting his pocket before focusing on the professor's words.

XXX

At his friend's demands to know what his news was, Yo simply pulled out the picture and handed it first to Montree. He fidgeted nervously with his fingers while waiting for a reaction.