Party For 2

"Happy birthday, Pha!"

Pha couldn't help smiling in amusement when he saw the doctor themed cake. They had to have gotten the idea for it from Yo. He glanced at his smirking friends, Beam and Kit. Or those two, the demon twins. "Thanks for remembering," he said.

Pring set the cake on a desk, beaming brightly. "Yo messaged me last night to make sure I didn't forget."

"I knew he had a hand in this somewhere," Pha laughed, shaking his head. My cute little wifey...just wait till I get home.

"And he said to not let you go home until he called," Beam smirked, folding his arms.

Pha eyed him warily. What is he planning? "Yo knows we only have one class today, right?"

"Yeah, he's aware. But he still said you weren't to come home until he said so."

"Why not??"

Pring snorted. "Pha, you dummy. He's probably planning a birthday surprise for you."

"This is enough for me," Pha smiled, thinking about his Yo. "So," he snagged the knife from Kit's hand. "Who wants cake?"

"Me!" Beam was right next to Pha as he cut the cake. "Yo said he ordered strawberry, and that you'd understand the meaning behind it." Beam gave Pha a curious look when he paused for a moment. "What's the meaning of a strawberry cake, Pha?"

Pring took one good look at Pha's face and started cackling. "I think 'strawberry' is their code word for naughty things."

Beam frowned down at the cake. "Ew...I don't think I want a piece of their naughty code word."

XXX

Pha wondered what he'd done in a past life to deserve this. Why were they subjected to professor auntie again??? His hand sprinted across the page, trying to keep up with her lecture. He was so glad they only had one class today. Otherwise, he might tear his hair out and scream.

His phone buzzed in his pocket. He made sure the professor wasn't watching, then took his phone out and peeked at the screen.

My Baby Yo is calling...

Yo?? I hope nothing's wrong... Pha hurriedly answered the phone, ducking his head down so the professor wouldn't catch him. Good thing he was near the back this year. More students to hide behind. "Hello, baby? What's wrong?"

"P'Pha? Oh, crap, did I call you while you were still in class?? I'm so sorry," Yo apologized when he heard Pha whispering. "Just wanted to let you know, you can come straight home after class, you don't have to wait. I'll let you go so you don't get in trouble. Love you."

"Love you too, baby," Pha kept his voice quiet. He glanced up. She hadn't noticed him yet. "Your mother is still there, right?"

"No, I sent her home."