Today's A Gift

(A/N: The title was changed from what I had originally due to my friend. ^_^ She helped me with this quite a bit, since it did NOT want to be written. And I started it last night! --__-- Urgh...)

The day started out...odd. That was the only word Zee could think of to label it. Odd.

He'd woken up, taken a shower, got dressed in his uniform, and went to the Science canteen for breakfast. While he was sitting there with Liam, a second year Sports Science student came up to him with a bouquet of mixed flowers. Before Zee or Liam could say anything, the student walked off, not looking back or saying a word. The same thing happened in his first morning class, then again in his second class.

Now he was at lunch, wondering what the hell was going on??? Had he done something to warrant multiple bouquets? He didn't remember winning anything... Was someone trying to court him? If so, he needed to figure out who the person was and turn them down gently. He already had Sing and Nam. He didn't need or want anyone else.

"Zee," Liam was staring at something behind him, a bemused smile forming on his lips. "Here comes another one."

Zee turned in his seat, watching as a girl this time carried a bouquet of flowers to him, gave it to him wordlessly, then hurried away. Zee looked questioningly at Liam. "What the fuck is going on???"

"Why are you asking me?? I don't know."

"This is crazy..."

And so it went on. Both of his afternoon classes, he got bouquets from older students, neither of who said anything. They just handed the flowers to him then left. It wasn't until he'd gone to sit at an outside table with Liam that they figured out what was going on.

"I think the last one is coming," Liam smirked, looking over Zee's shoulder.

"What do you mean...by...that..." Zee turned in his seat, jaw dropping when he saw that Liam was right, another person was bringing him a bouquet.

Sing.

Zee scrambled from his seat, leaving his book bag and half-finished assignments behind to meet Sing halfway. "Sing..."

"Happy birthday, Zee," Sing said softly, holding out the bouquet.

"Thank you," Zee felt giddy. So, this was what he'd forgotten! His own birthday!

 So, this was what he'd forgotten! His own birthday!

Sing's smile morphed into a pleased grin. "It wasn't easy finding anybody that would cooperate with me."

"Why didn't you ask our friends?"

"I did. But advised me to use people you didn't really know so you wouldn't figure it out."

Zee's eyebrows went up. "I'm impressed. Yo is a devious little guy."

Sing snorted. "Don't call him little to his face. But yeah, he's a lot more crafty than people want to give him credit for."

"Yeah," Zee sniffed at the flowers. He remembered I like the mixed bouquets. "Thank you for the flowers, and for remembering my birthday."