Engaged

Yo was having fun googling baby names. He already had a name picked out if the baby was a girl - like he knew she was - and a few tentative names for if the baby was a boy. He asked Pha to choose the nicknames. Pha got Yo to agree on choosing one together when the baby was actually there.

"P'Pha."

Yo looked up, puzzled as to why Ming was coming to see Pha. What's going on?

Pha turned in his seat

Pha turned in his seat. Ming leaned down, whispering something in his ear, gesturing to the parking lot. "Okay, I'm coming," Pha rubbed Yo's arm. "Yo, baby, I'll be right back."

"Is everything okay?" Yo asked, eyes going from Pha to Ming in suspicion.

Ming had a way too innocent look on his face. "Everything's fine. I just need him to look at something for me."

"Is it a gift for P'Kit?"

"Erm...something like that," Ming said evasively. He turned and walked off, Pha following him before Yo could say anything else.

Yo frowned. They're keeping secrets from me. He couldn't think of anything that they could possibly be planning. His birthday was already over with, he and Pha hadn't hit their one year anniversary yet - that was in September, and Pha's birthday wasn't until August. Yo felt a little sad he'd missed Pha's twentieth birthday, but it couldn't be helped. They hadn't been together yet then. He had a niggling feeling he knew what was going on...it was on the tip of his tongue...but he couldn't think of it.

He sighed and went back to his phone, scrolling through boy names. None of them sounded right to him. He didn't have anything against having a son...someday. But this baby he was certain was a girl. All he could think of was setting up a cute nursery for a little baby girl.

When Pha and Ming walked back, Yo could tell they were trying to act casual. It didn't work. Ming looked way too excited, eyes darting between Pha and Yo, and Pha was practically bouncing as he walked. Pha took his seat next to Yo, kissing his cheek. "Did I miss anything?"

"No," Yo murmured, directing his focus back on the list of baby names. "Just me looking at names. As usual."

"Found any you like?" Pha peered over Yo's shoulder.

"Not really..." Yo sighed, rubbing his forehead. "How about you?" He turned his head. "Thought of any nicknames you like?"

"How about Lady, after your mom?"

Yo shook his head. "No...I was hoping to save that for the last girl we have."

Pha looked at Yo. "And just how many children are you really planning to have?"

"Um..." Yo peeked up at Pha through his eyelashes. "How many will you let me have?"

Pha chuckled. "You make me think of a kid trying to convince his mother to let him have cookies before dinner."