Little Passenger (Love's Revenge)

It was very clear to everyone that saw him, Yo was irritated. And grouchy - oh, SO grouchy. Just this morning before heading to his appointment with Pha, he'd bitten off his fiance's head, snapped at his friends over the phone, and even gave the nurse at the hospital an ugly look. Not even Dr. Jaruji was safe from his foul temper. The moment he got out the blood pressure cuff, Yo crossed his arms and got a mulish look on his face as if to say 'I'd like to see you try and put that on me'. He wouldn't talk, he wouldn't acknowledge anybody, he just sat on the examination table and glowered at the floor.

Then about ten minutes before the appointment was over, he sighed, all anger melting from his face, and he lifted his sad little gaze to Pha. "My back really hurts, P'Pha."

So that's why you've been in such a bad mood today

So that's why you've been in such a bad mood today. "Do you want to take a bath when we get back?" Pha offered hesitantly. He wasn't sure if Yo would revert back to the anger or not.

"I have class," Yo shook his head, pouting.

"You can stand to skip today, Nong," Dr. Jaruji told him, jotting a few notes on his clipboard. "The baby could come any day now. You need your rest."

Yo thought about it. "Well...I guess one day won't hurt..." he said reluctantly. His eyes lit up. "Yes, I do want a bath, P'Pha. Can we use the lavender Epsom salts this time?"

"Anything you want, baby," Pha promised, deeply relieved about Yo's mood change.

"Before you go," Dr. Jaruji unclipped a sheet of paper from the clipboard, handing it to Pha. "These are things you should keep an eye out for that could tell you the baby is coming."

Pha barely listened to the doctor, his eyes constantly flicking to Yo to make sure he was okay. Yo, on the other hand, was unable to concentrate because he was busy daydreaming about bath time with Pha and some chicken for a snack after. Preferably with lemonade.

"...so don't be alarmed, okay?"

Pha snapped back to attention. "Y-yes. Thank you." Wait, what did he say??

Dr. Jaruji nodded slowly, hiding a smile. He could see how distracted the two were. "Alright," he checked his watch. "I imagine you both want to go have lunch now."

Yo smiled at that. "Very much. I'm hungry."

The two expectant parents made their way to the car, Pha gently helping Yo settle in the passenger seat. Instead of eating out, like they usually did after an appointment, Yo readily agreed to ordering takeout to be delivered to their apartment. With his back screaming at him the way it was, he wasn't in the right frame of mind to go anywhere.

Halfway through their meal, Yo set his utensils down and tried to get to his feet. Pha was around the table helping him up in an instant. "What's wrong, baby?"

"Love is sitting right on my bladder," Yo groaned out, waddling off to the bathroom.

Pha wanted to chuckle, but smartly didn't. He valued his life too much, and since Yo was still hormonal, the smallest things could set him off. He started getting worried when Yo didn't come back. "Yo?" Pha looked, but didn't find him in the bathroom. "Baby," he was getting panicky. "Where did you go??"