Close Call

The private waiting room was full of people, all there to support Pha and Yo. It was almost lunchtime, and they hadn't heard anything about the baby, sending a few into a touchy, aggravated state. Namely: Kasem, Addie, and Ming. Forth had brought Ming to the hospital right after making him eat some breakfast. Eager to see Yo or not, Ming and the twins needed some nourishment.

"Calm down, bunny," Kit murmured in Ming's ear. He draped an arm over Ming's shoulders, trying to comfort the nervous boy. "Yo will be fine. He has Dr. Jaruji and Pha with him."

Ming smiled weakly. "I know, it's just...I have this odd feeling about it..."

Beam frowned at Ming's words. He didn't say anything, but it made his own bad feeling grow worse. Forth didn't like how fidgety and nervous Beam was and pulled the other guy into his lap to calm him down. He was surprised when Beam didn't protest the treatment, instead curling into him and hiding his face in Forth's neck.

The door opened, and every head whipped up in hopes it was a nurse with news about Yo and the baby. Off and Gun came striding through, heading right for Singto and Krist.

"Any news?" Gun asked, eyes wide and hopeful.

Krist shook his head. "No. I'm about to storm the room and demand an update."

Singto dropped a small kiss on Krist's cheek. "Patience, honey. These things take time."

"Mine was horribly long and painful," Krist's eyes watered in fear

"Mine was horribly long and painful," Krist's eyes watered in fear. "What if that poor kid is going through the same thing??"

"He's in a hospital, Krist," Singto soothed him, hugging him closer. "They'll be able to fix it."

Gun slumped in his seat, absentmindedly chewing on a thumbnail. He and Off weren't all that close to Yo and Pha, but they'd heard enough about the two lovebirds through Good and his girlfriend. Gun's gut was tied in knots. He hated hospitals, anyway, and remembering Krist's horror stories about his own pregnancy and labor...made Gun feel all the more on edge.

"Hey," Off placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Stop worrying. N'Yo is having his baby in a hospital, not at home. That's already something in his favor."

Gun just nodded. He hoped everything went smoothly for the young couple.

Everyone's attention was grabbed by nurses running past, someone shouting loud commands, and they could hear a baby crying in the distance. The crying slowly grew louder and closer to the waiting room.

Gun was the first one to the door. He nearly ran face first into Pha, the younger man shaking and white as a sheet. In his arms was the source of the crying - a newborn baby.

"Th-this is Love," he choked out, eyes glassy and unfocused with barely held back tears. It was as if he didn't really see the people looking back at him.

"My son??" Kasem was on his feet, not even looking at the crying baby Pha held.

"H-he..."

Pha was shaking so hard, Beam and Kit sprang into action and brought him over to a chair to sit down.