Trial

The two boys stared blankly up at the courthouse. Neither were willing to step inside just yet...to face their past. The four others behind them stayed close, not touching either of the two, waiting.

"Let's go," Yo said, his voice stronger than it had been in days. "She's not gonna get sentenced with the two main witnesses standing out here on the sidewalk."

Ming didn't speak. He wasn't sure if he could. He was still reeling from the memories plaguing his mind, body shaking at how filthy he still felt. Yet, he didn't protest as Yo took his hand gently and led him inside the building.

"Courtroom four," Yo muttered, looking around for a sign. "Where is courtroom four??"

"That way, baby," Pha said, pointing to a sign on the wall. It had an arrow pointing them to the left.

Yo smiled back at Pha. "Thank you, P'Pha. Can't believe I didn't see that."

Kit didn't hear whatever Beam was saying to him. His eyes were glued to Ming's back, wishing his boyfriend would let him comfort him. After that long night in the shower, Ming had shied away from Kit's touch, not saying a word but just crying silently. It broke Kit's heart. All he wanted to do was hold Ming, love him, show him that he was still innocent and pure to him. But Ming wouldn't or couldn't hear him, as if the words fell on deaf ears. He was too consumed by what Muwan had done to him. He did catch the tail end of what Yo was saying to Ming.

 He did catch the tail end of what Yo was saying to Ming

"..and you know it won't help. Blocking your number one supporter will only hurt you worse. It was hard for me to let P'Pha see the pain I was feeling, but it helped me, a lot. Please, Ming," Yo pleased softly, grasping his hand tighter. "Let P'Kit back in."

Ming still didn't speak, just listened to Yo.

"You'll have to talk when you get on the witness stand," Yo said gently, searching Ming's face. "Will you be able to?"

"...I...don't know..." Ming's voice was hoarse from disuse.

"Pretend you're just talking to us. Keep your gaze on me or P'Kit when you're up there. Don't look at her at all. She doesn't deserve your acknowledgement. She's dirt beneath our shoes, you hear me?"

"...yeah..." Ming said, exhaustion coloring his tone. "I hear you." He halted right outside the door, slowly turning around to face Kit. "Yo?"

"We'll be inside," Yo promised, accepting Pha's hand. All of them walked in, leaving Kit and Ming outside the door.

Kit waited patiently. He could see how difficult it was for Ming to find the words to say. My poor Ming, he thought miserably. If I could take this from you and put it on myself, I would in a heartbeat.

"Don't say that," Ming snapped.

Kit blinked. He hadn't realized he'd said that last bit out loud. "Ming, I-"