Jealous

Kit gave Beam back his phone, forcing himself not to guffaw at the shock and irritation in his best friend's eyes. No need to let him know Ming, N'Yo and Pha are helping me with this. "I don't see anything wrong."

"Are you blind??" Beam demanded, shoving the phone back in Kit's face. "Forth's Facebook banner is made up of pictures of him with N'Ming and N'Yo!" Mostly N'Ming!

 "Forth's Facebook banner is made up of pictures of him with N'Ming and N'Yo!" Mostly N'Ming!

"So?" Pha jumped in, not even looking up at Beam's incredulous expression. He was busy skimming a textbook page. "Yo and Forth are friends, and Forth is N'Ming's senior. What's the problem?"

Beam looked back and forth between Pha and Kit, confused. Usually, they'd be all jealous and possessive of their boyfriends. So what was up with this uncaring attitude?? "I don't get you two..."

Kit raised an eyebrow. "That's our line. We don't get you, Beam."

"Huh?"

"We know Forth. He'd never try anything with Ming or N'Yo. He respects people's boundaries," Kit tilted his head, forcing himself not to smirk as he continued with, "Why are you so upset? Are you, maybe, jealous?"

Beam made a disgusted face. "No way. Why would I be jealous over your boyfriend??"

"No...I mean, are you jealous because it's Forth?"

Pha glanced up in time to see Beam freeze in his seat. Got you. He shared a knowing look with Kit.

"Why the hell would I be jealous over that neanderthal??" Beam hissed, glowering at his friends. "I'm. Not. Gay."

"We never said you were," Pha responded calmly, closing his book to give Beam his attention. "We're just pointing out there's no crime in being attracted to a guy. You don't have to act on it if you don't want to."

"I'm not attracted to anyone!"

"I'm sure P'Forth will be glad to hear that," Ming suddenly appeared next to the table, settling next to Kit and kissing his cheek. "Hi, KitKat. Sorry I'm late. P'Forth needed me to run an errand to the Applied & Fine Arts Faculty."

"What for?"

"Not sure. He just gave me a folder and told me to take it to a professor."

Beam folded his arms, muttering angrily to himself about 'stupid Forth' and 'blatant favoritism'.

Pha opened his mouth to tease Beam again, and was stopped by arms snaking around his shoulders as he was hugged from behind. "Hi, P'Pha!"

"Hello, baby," Pha said warmly, pulling Yo around to sit on his lap. Yo's cheeks turned pink, but he didn't fight it, instead snuggling into Pha's chest. "Hungry?"

"Not really...I think I'm getting a cold."

Pha studied Yo's face. "You do look kind of tired. Why aren't you in your room, sleeping?"