Fun In The Sun

Win sat on the edge of the bed, still trying to figure out what Yo and Ming were up to. The way those two had whispered to each other after the bonfire worried him. What were they going to put everyone through?

"Win? Where are you?"

Win looked up when he heard Saint's voice. "In here."

The door opened, Saint smiling down at him. "Hey, what are you doing in here? Everyone's heading out to the beach for the games. You coming?"

"Mmm..." Win made a face. "Yo and Ming are up to something. Not sure I want to be a part of it."

"It can't be something too bad. They're your friends."

"Yeah, but the other team has their fiances, Saint," Win reminded him.

Saint nodded slowly. "I see what you mean. But I don't think that gives the other team an advantage over us. In fact, I think it gives us the advantage."

"What makes you say that?"

"Haven't you seen how irritated P'Yo and P'Ming are with P'Pha and P'Kit? Those two keep hovering and trying to get them to eat foods they don't want to. If I were P'Yo and P'Ming, I'd be planning revenge on them."

Win's eyes widened. "Damn...you're right."

Saint draped an arm over Win's shoulders. "If you ask me, we have today in the bag."

Win played with Saint's fingers with one hand, not responding

Win played with Saint's fingers with one hand, not responding. He still wasn't too sure, but he'd also seen the way Yo and Ming had gotten miffed at being treated like children. Mostly Yo. Ming wasn't one to get angry easily, except the pregnancy hormones had made him a bit snappish and irritable, even towards Kit. Maybe they were planning their revenge on their fiances...

"Come on, Win," Saint got up, gently pulling on Win's hand. "Let's go out there and show those seniors what we're made of!"

One senior is on our team, goofy. Instead, Win grinned and said, "Let the games begin!"

XXX

"First game is beach volleyball," Ming said loud enough for everyone to hear. He and Yo were sitting in a couple of camping chairs from the night before, a pair of sunglasses perched on Yo's nose while Ming had a pair slid up on top of his head like a headband. "Teams are as we decided last night, doctors against miscellaneous.

Beam snickered at Forth's face. "Come on, hun! It's not your team name!"

"If we were going to choose team names," Yo said casually. "I think Forth's team should be...The Alliance!"

Ming shot him an odd look. "The Alliance?"

"Yup. Forth is in Engineering, Win is in Law, and N'Saint is going into Criminal Law and Criminology. See? An Alliance between three different faculties."