Trial & Error

Sing could tell Zee was more nervous than he was. It was obvious by the way he kept checking his watch as he drove, muttering to himself about movie times and...blah-blah-blah. Sing didn't really listen too closely. He thought it was funny - sweet, but funny - that Zee was putting all this effort into one date. Technically, it was their first real date since they weren't really counting the date Zee had convinced Sing to go on and see if he wanted to date the guy.

Zee pulled up to the curb, parking the car. "Ready?"

"Starving," Sing got out of the car, looking up at the restaurant. He narrowed his eyes. "What are we doing here?"

"To eat. What else?" Zee said lightly. He reached one hand up, playing with Sing's hair absentmindedly.

 He reached one hand up, playing with Sing's hair absentmindedly

Sing rolled his eyes. Of course he doesn't see anything wrong with an expensive ass restaurant! I can't afford this... "Zee-"

"My treat."

Sing turned on him. "What happened to all that equal talk?"

Zee frowned. "I thought maybe you could pay for the tickets. Is that okay?"

"Oh," Sing relaxed, feeling foolish for getting upset like that. "Yeah, that's cool."

"Sorry, I wasn't trying to offend you."

"No, don't worry about," Sing gave Zee a sheepish smile. "It's just...money isn't something I casually throw around like my friends tend to do. I don't come from a wealthy family like you all do."

"Oh, shit, I didn't realize it would look like I was shoving it in your face," Zee looked upset. He scanned the street, pointing at a different restaurant. "How about that one?"

"I didn't mean you had to change your plans," Sing groaned, rubbing the back of his neck. He glanced over at the other place. "Indian? You don't like Indian food."

"No, but you do. Granted, it's your second favorite, but-"

"Nah, this place is fine. I'm not gonna make you eat somewhere you don't like the food."

Zee smiled. "You're really nice, you know that?"

Yeah, I'm so nice, I made you think you did something wrong, Sing thought miserably. Great way to start the date, Singhara. He accepted Zee's outstretched hand without thinking, walking alongside him inside the restaurant. They were soon seated and given menus. Nice place, Sing glanced around quickly, impressed at the warm atmosphere and nice decorations. No wonder he chose to eat here.

 No wonder he chose to eat here