Ming's Perfect Day

(A/N: Okay, I just want to say something really fast - I cannot friggin believe Kimmon's birthday is on April first, aka, April Fool's Day. O.O That's just not right. I wanted to add a little joke about Ming being born on the first in this chapter, but then decided, "Nah, I can't be mean to my boys." So...yeah, nothing about April Fool's Day in here. Sorry. ^_^ Enjoy the chapter!)

Ming's birthday had fallen on a Sunday that year. He just wanted to sleep in while cuddling with Kit, not caring a bit about having a party or presents. All he wanted, he already had. Apparently, Kit didn't get the memo since he was currently trying to wake Ming up.

"Bunny, it's time to get up now. Wake up."

Ming groaned softly, turning over to squint up at Kit through the morning light. "What time is it?" He asked, voice rough from sleep.

Kit smiled, brushing Ming's bangs out of his face. He's so adorable when he first wakes up. "It's after ten."

"Can't we keep sleeping?" Ming begged. He rolled over so he was curled around Kit, breathing in his boyfriend's clean scent. He must've taken a shower while I was asleep. "Or just cuddle? I feel lazy today..."

"You're lazy everyday," Kit chuckled, running a hand through Ming's hair.

Ming looked up at him with a playful pout. "So mean."

"But true. Now, come on," Kit patted Ming's hip, sliding off the bed. "Get a shower. I'm taking you out for a late breakfast."

"Okay," Ming sat up, yawning and stretching his arms over his head. He accepted the clothes Kit handed him and stumbled into the bathroom.

The hot shower was just what he needed to finish waking up. He soaped up with the vanilla scented shampoo and body wash Kit had bought for him, stating that it drove him insane for Ming to constantly smell like chocolate. Ming was tempted use the chocolate one anyway, but decided against it. It felt like such a calm, lazy day, and he wanted to enjoy it. He finished his shower in record time and got dried off and dressed in a simple short-sleeve button-up and khaki shorts.

"Are we going to that porridge place?" he asked, rubbing the towel over his hair. He froze in his steps when he saw Kit standing there, holding the biggest stuffed Pikachu he'd ever seen.

 He froze in his steps when he saw Kit standing there, holding the biggest stuffed Pikachu he'd ever seen

"Happy birthday, Ming," Kit said softly, smiling at him. "I know you didn't want a lot of fuss, but I still planned some things for us to do."

"Us?" Ming questioned, eyes still on the Pikachu.

"Just the two of us," Kit confirmed. "Even if I wanted to throw one, a party wouldn't pan out this time. Yo's in pain again and Pha won't let him leave the apartment right now, and the others are all busy."

Ming felt so shy with Kit's gaze firmly on him like that. "That's alright. I like it being just the two of us."

Stop being so cute, or we won't be going anywhere. Kit forced himself to calm down, handing over the stuffed animal to Ming. Ming accepted it, hugging it close, only his sparkling eyes showing over the top. "Ready?"