Shared Celebration

Pha and Ming were off distracting Beam and Forth while Yo and Kit were trying to hurry and grab all the supplies they needed

Pha and Ming were off distracting Beam and Forth while Yo and Kit were trying to hurry and grab all the supplies they needed. It wasn't easy, but they were managing to do it.

"Where's the ticket for our order, P'Kit?" Yo asked, bouncing nervously on his toes. He took a half-step forward as the line finally moved.

Kit pulled a slip of paper from his pocket. "I have it right here. Don't worry."

Yo nodded. He checked his phone, sniggering at a picture of Pha pouting dramatically at the camera with an oblivious Beam in the background. Oh, P'Pha. You're so silly.

"Beam already went to the temple on his actual birthday," Kit was muttering, thinking out loud. "So we can't do that...what other things were we planning? I can't remember for some reason."

"Western style party?" It sounded more like a question than a statement.

The two grimaced at each other. "We suck at this," Kit declared.

Yo couldn't help laughing. "Maybe we should be distracting P'Beam and Forth, and the others do the shopping and set-up."

"How hard can it be? Cakes, decorations..."

Yo hide a smile when Kit trailed off. "Gifts?"

"That's a given," Kit muttered, looking away.

I bet you've been so busy with Ming, you haven't gotten them anything yet. When it was their turn at the bakery counter nearly twenty minutes later, Yo carried the cake for Forth while Kit carried Beam's. They'd ordered two since the party had grown a bit. Pha, Yo, Kit, Ming, Win, Blue, Pring, Kookai, Park, Lam, and a few other hazers and 2nd year med students. "P'Beam hates streamers, right?"

"I think that's Forth..." Kit made a frustrated growl as they paced up and down the aisle of party decorations. "Urgh...fuck it," he grabbed streamers and balloons in every color, throwing them in the cart Yo had grabbed earlier. "They're getting a rainbow birthday."

"But..." Yo frowned down at the cakes. "Neither cake is really rainbow...one's a circuit board, and the other one has dots of colored frosting."

"Eh, they'll still like it. That or Beam will kill us and Forth'll laugh."

"Knowing him, he'll think it's hilarious."

"Maybe we should do the bi pride colors," Kit considered the streamers and balloons sitting in the cart.

Yo pursed his lips in thought. "Probably, since they're bi, not gay."

"Hey, that one guy in 4F, isn't he gay?"

"Who, Win?"

"No, no. The other one."

"Which one? Blue or Good?"