Magha Puja Day

Yo was feeling very uncomfortable, surrounded by people as they made their way to the temples for early morning prayers and to bring offerings to the monks and nuns. He kept a tight hold on Pha's hand, paranoid about getting separated. Forth, Beam, Kit and Ming were following along behind, each carrying a offering of food. Yo had participated in Magha Puja Day before, but his father had carried the sole offering, and wouldn't let Yo speak to anyone or touch anything. Yo wasn't talking now because he was very nervous, and didn't touch anyone but Pha, who was carrying both his and Yo's offerings.

"Do you want to leave?"

Yo shook his head at Pha's question, hugging Pha's elbow. He didn't say a word.

Pha glanced back at Ming questioningly. Ming just shrugged. He had always attended with his parents, so he had no idea why Yo was acting like this. Ming quickened his steps, moving to walk on the other side of Yo. Kit moved with him while Forth and Beam came right up behind Yo, semi surrounding Yo as if to protect him.

Yo didn't seem to notice the others. He pulled at the hem of his shirt as if trying to cover himself more. At approximately three months along by then, he was feeling a little conspicuous. No, he wasn't very big. But he knew he'd get big, and people would know, and they'd stare at him. He wasn't looking forward to that part of the pregnancy. His fingers lightly caressed the small bump, eyes taking in the people around them to make sure they didn't come too close.

 His fingers lightly caressed the small bump, eyes taking in the people around them to make sure they didn't come too close

Ming and Beam helped Yo kneel down along with Pha, waiting for the monks accepting the offerings to come their way. The monks slowly made their way down the line of people waiting with offerings, taking them and thanking the people for their generosity and faith. Yo held his offering out, bowing his head as a monk took it, blessing him.

Please, let the blessing fall on my baby, Yo prayed fervently. Let her be healthy and strong. Let her take after P'Pha. He opened his eyes when he felt a soft touch on his arm.

"We can get up now, baby," Pha murmured softly.

Ming grabbed one of Yo's hands while Pha took the other, the two of them helping him to his feet. It was embarrassing. Only three months along, and he was already way off balance. That meant no more dancing until after the baby was born. Yo was sad, but he was willing to do anything to make sure his little girl would be safe, so he wasn't about to complain about it.

"Is the young man alright?" One monk asked. He'd noticed Yo being helped to his feet.

Yo tucked himself against Pha's side, not entirely sure how to answer.

Pha wrapped a protective arm around Yo's shoulders. "He's three months pregnant, and it's hard for him to get up on his own right now."

The monk nodded slowly. "Elite child, my prayers will be for you tonight." And the monk followed after the others.

Yo stared after him. I didn't know the monks were aware of male pregnancies.

Ming patted Yo's shoulder with a small smile. "You have a monk praying for you, Yo."