Subspace

Beam and Kit exchanged worried glances. Yo wasn't acting at all like himself, and Pha didn't seem to notice it, being too wrapped up in finishing jotting notes down. It wasn't that Yo was acting depressed, angry or anything bad...rather, he was too quiet. He was currently pressed into Pha's side, seemingly content to just sit there and do nothing else. It was as if he needed Pha to ground him due to whatever was going on inside his head.

 It was as if he needed Pha to ground him due to whatever was going on inside his head

Kit had a hunch... he turned to whisper in Beam's ear, "Are you seeing what I'm seeing?"

"How docile and silent Yo is?" Beam eyed the first year. "Yeah. I guess what I told Pha was wrong."

"What did you say?"

"Well...he asked if I thought Yo was a sub," Beam admitted. "And I told him I was sure Yo just liked Pha being bossy in bed. Seems I was wrong."

Kit sighed softly. "Pha doesn't look like he has a clue about what's going on right now. I wonder what happened to make Yo slip into subspace?"

"Can a guy slip into subspace just by being near his boyfriend?"

"You're more knowledgeable on the subject than I am!" Kit hissed at Beam.

Beam frowned. "Yeah, but I'm not into BDSM. Forth and I don't do stuff like that, Kit. Neither one of us is a dom or a sub, so don't look to me for advice or answers."

Kit growled softly. "Dammit...we need to tell Pha without him freaking out in the middle of the library."

"LINE?" Beam suggested, not looking too keen on the idea himself.

Kit grimaced. "What other choice do we have?" He took out his phone and made a group chat, including himself, Beam, and Pha. He looked at Beam. "What do I say?"

"Just be blunt. Tell him Yo is in subspace right now," Beam whispered, looking over Kit's shoulder.

"What're you two whispering about?"

Kit and Beam stiffened, looking at Pha with wide eyes. "Uh...n-nothing," Beam stuttered.

Kit's wide eyed expression turned into a frown. "Go back to your notes. We're talking about something secret."

Pha raised an eyebrow, but merely shook his head instead of questioning them further. Yo nestled his head against Pha's arm, eyes sliding shut in contentment.

Kit: Pha, you idiot! Beam was wrong about Yo!! Look at him!

Pha picked his phone up off the table, frowning at it. He typed something back.

Pha: What are you talking about??

Kit: HE'S IN SUBSPACE!!! LOOK AT HIM!!

Beam: Don't ask us how, either. It's a mystery.

Pha jerked his head up to stare at the two sitting across the table. They pointedly looked at Yo. He followed their gazes, shocked when he saw Yo quiet and still, just like a little doll.