Blessing

Yo peeked at Pha's phone as the other carefully tapped out a message to his mother

Yo peeked at Pha's phone as the other carefully tapped out a message to his mother. Pha's parents had come home a day early, eager to catch up with their son and daughter, and to get back to their work at the hospital. Pha's father, James, was considered to be the best doctor in Thailand, and Pha's mother, Lily, was his partner both in marriage and at the hospital they owned. In fact, they didn't just own one hospital but several, specializing in life or death cases and leading in research on cures for fatal diseases. Yo was impressed with Pha's parents, hoping they liked him, even just a little.

"Mom messaged me back already," Pha's voice broke through Yo's thoughts.

"What'd she say?"

"She says when classes are done to come right to the house."

Yo leaned against Pha's shoulder. "Did you tell her?"

Pha nuzzled into Yo's hair, pressing a gentle kiss to his head. "No, not yet. I want to tell them about you in person."

Hopefully it goes better than it did with my father... Yo thought bitterly. He turned and buried his face in Pha's chest, arms wrapping around the older's waist.

"What's wrong, baby?" The question was tender.

"What if they don't like me?"

"Yo, baby, they won't be able to help liking you," Pha murmured, hugging Yo close. "You're too sweet and adorable not to like."

"Not adorable...and sweet is debatable," Yo muttered.

"You're sweet and adorable in my eyes, and nothing you say will change my mind," Pha said firmly.

Yo didn't bother arguing. He knew Pha wouldn't give in, anyway. "What about your sister, Malee?"

Pha snorted, to Yo's bewilderment. "Oh, we'll definitely have no problems with her. She's a huge BL lover. Honestly, she'll be our biggest supporter."

Yo peeked up at Pha in disbelief. "Seriously? She's a Y-girl?"

"What's a Y-girl?"

"Yaoi fangirl. Nerd thing. Never mind."

Pha chuckled lightly. "Yeah, that sounds about right."

"You know what yaoi is, but not what a Y-girl is???"

"I only know what yaoi is because I overheard Cake talking about it one time."

Yo scrunched his face up in disgust. "Eeew. Don't let her explain anything to you, P'Pha. She gets a bit graphic and disturbing with the details."

Pha laughed again. "Okay, okay. I won't." He pulled Yo up so their faces were level, smirking at the blush spreading across Yo's face. "I'll have you explain anything I don't understand. How does that sound?"