Too Close

"Pha, who's this 'Win' Ming mentioned?"

Pha looked up from his book, blinking at Kit in confusion

Pha looked up from his book, blinking at Kit in confusion. "When were you talking to N'Ming about N'Win?"

Kit narrowed his eyes, holding his phone out for Pha to see a photo Ming had sent him via LINE. "You know this kid?"

"Yeah," Pha sighed, marking his book and setting it to the side so he could give Kit his full attention

"Yeah," Pha sighed, marking his book and setting it to the side so he could give Kit his full attention. "He's an old friend of N'Ming's and Yo's from elementary school. His mom married Yo's dad, so they're step-brothers now."

Kit frowned at the picture. "Still...I don't like Ming going off to meet him at a cafe."

Pha snorted, drawing Kit's attention back to him. "Like that kid would ever look elsewhere? Face it, you're never getting rid of him now."

"And I don't plan on it, either," Kit muttered, shutting his phone screen off. "I'm going to grab something to eat. You want to come with me?"

"You're going to spy on them, aren't you." It wasn't a question.

Kit shrugged. "If I just happen to go inside the same cafe they went to, I don't see any problem with going over to introduce myself. Do you?"

Pha smirked knowingly at him. "You do know N'Ming would never cheat on you, right?"

"I trust Ming. It's this new kid I don't trust."

While Kit turned to ask Beam if he wanted to join them for dinner, Pha took out his phone and messaged Yo, asking him if he was tagging along with Ming and Win. Yo sent back that he hadn't decided yet. Pha said if he did to have fun. Then his phone rang.

"So you don't mind if I go?"

"I'm not gonna dictate who you can and can't hang out with, Yo," Pha smiled.

Silence. "But...you're still my boyfriend, P'Pha, and I don't wanna make you uncomfortable or upset. Are you sure you won't mind? You can always join us."

"Nah. Kit and I are heading out for some dinner soon, anyway. You have fun catching up. Hey," he glanced at Kit, smirking at the irritated expression he was receiving. "Maybe all of us could go out together tomorrow night?"