Long Labor

Pha instantly woke up when Yo started whimpering and moving in his sleep, face scrunched up in pain. He gently shook Yo's shoulder. "Wake up, baby. Yo, can you hear me? Wake up."

"Mmm," Yo whined, cracking his eyes open. "Hurts..."

It was immediately clear what Yo was talking about

It was immediately clear what Yo was talking about. Pha still carefully laid one hand on Yo's belly, shock coursing through him at how rock hard it felt. He'd known this would happen and had prepared for it, but...the reality was still a jolt to the system. Instead of moving Yo just yet, Pha got their changes of clothes out, quickly dressing while calling the hospital to let Dr. Jaruji know they were on their way.

"I don't think it's every five minutes yet..." Yo bit his lip, trailing off as another contraction struck. I'm rethinking having more than ten kids. This fucking hurts!

"Dr. Jaruji said to come in anyway, baby."

Yo groaned in pain when he had to sit upright on the edge of the bed, making poor Pha feel like a horrible monster. He rushed through changing Yo's clothes, dressing him in simple sweatpants and a t-shirt, and placed a jacket over his shoulders before standing him on his feet.

"Ah..." Yo grabbed at Pha's arm, hunching over and keeping his breathing controlled. "W-wait...need a moment..."

Pha waited for the contraction to pass and Yo to catch his breath. They weren't really in a hurry, but since this was Yo's first pregnancy, the doctor wanted to monitor Yo as early as possible to make sure there were no complications. Not that he thought there would be. It was just a precaution.

Yo walked slowly on wobbly legs, nearly collapsing against the side of the elevator. He was grateful that these labor pains weren't quite as bad as the premature ones. Those ones...aish, they had hurt almost like someone was stabbing him in the stomach. He breathed in through his nose and out through his mouth, slow and constant, trying to keep himself calm. He was so close to asking Pha to carry him, but at the same time he felt the uncontrollable urge to keep walking. Did pregnant women feel that when in labor? He should've asked his mother.

Pha slowly lowered Yo into the passenger seat when they got to the car, dashing over to the driver's seat.

"At least it didn't happen during the competition," Yo tried to joke, making a pained noise when the next contraction hit. Even while in pain, he still pulled his phone out and managed to type a message in the group chat with trembling fingers.

Yo: Hey, guys, we're on our way to the hospital

Mon: Fuck me, glad I haven't gone to sleep yet. How're you feeling??

Win: Do you want us to come??

Yo: I'm feeling the contractions, like I should be. They hurt, but...not as much as the premature ones. You can come if you want, but I don't think Love is coming out right away. Might be a while. I don't feel the need to push yet, thank Buddha. I don't want to have her in the car. That would mess up the seat, 555+