Visakha Puja Day Part 2

Win kept his sigh to himself

Win kept his sigh to himself. Being at the temple for morning meditation and prayer, he had thought it would be peaceful. All the other people there walked in silently, then knelt down, none talking or even whispering. Instead of stifling, the silence was tranquil, calming.

Then Saint had come in, settling next to Win, and his silent morning was over.

"How long have you been here?"

Win shot him a glare. "Shh."

Saint mimed zipping his lip. Then two minutes later, "Is it wrong of me to just sit here? Are we required to pray?"

Oh, for the love of... Win narrowed his eyes at Saint. "Just meditate, then. Now be quiet." Some of the other people were shooting them little glances.

After going quiet again, Saint started shifting from side to side, as if trying to find a more comfortable position to sit. Win gritted his teeth, willing himself not to hit the younger boy. He really was alike a puppy, unable to sit still for very long, and easily distracted.

Then, after all had gone silent again, Win heard an odd gurgling noise. He frowned, opening his eyes, and glanced around to find out what had made that noise. Next to him, Saint's face had gone pink in embarrassment.

"S-sorry..." Saint whispered.

"Didn't you eat anything?" Win murmured, fighting down the laughter bubbling up. He really, really wanted to laugh.

Saint shook his head miserably.

Win sucked in a deep breath to calm himself, then grasped Saint's wrist, having the younger stand up with him, dragging him out of the temple. "Stupid, you should've had a snack. Haven't you ever gone to temple on Visakha Puja Day before??"

"With my parents, but...we never stayed very long."

"I can see why," Win teased, letting Saint loose by his car. "Get in. We'll go get some breakfast."

"Sorry for bugging you," Saint said, buckling his seat belt.

"Bugging me?"

"You know...talking, fidgeting..."

Win shook his head in amusement. "It's fine. Your rumbling stomach more than made up for it."

The pink in Saint's face deepened. "Win..." he whined.

"Sorry, sorry," Win chuckled. "But it was pretty funny. Now," he pulled his phone out of his pocket as it started buzzing. "Oh, hang on." It was Blue calling him. He swiped the green button. "Hello?"

"Hey, are you done at the temple yet?"

"Just got done. Why?"

"Want to meet up with me and Liam for breakfast?"

"I have Saint with me."

"That's fine! The more the merrier. I invited Ming and Yo, too, but Yo is having a quiet day in with P'Pha, which I totally understand why, and Ming is visiting his mom with P'Kit."