Blessing Part 2

Kit was making faces at his laptop screen, totally unaware how entertaining he was being for a certain freshman next to him on the bed

Kit was making faces at his laptop screen, totally unaware how entertaining he was being for a certain freshman next to him on the bed. He stuck his tongue out slightly, rolling his eyes, and Ming couldn't keep back the small snort. He quickly closed his eyes, pretending to still be asleep.

"Can't fool me, Mingkwan," Kit purred, brushing Ming's bangs out of his face. "I heard you laugh at me. You're not asleep."

"Wasn't a laugh. Was a snort."

"It's a kind of laugh, Mr. Picky."

Ming lazily smiled up at Kit, eyes still closed. "What were you looking at that had you making such funny faces?"

"E-mail from my brother, P'Kieng. Reminder about my dad's birthday tomorrow," Kit explained as he slid out of bed, starting to gather up a couple changes of clothes to pack. "So after breakfast, you and I are heading to my house for the celebration. Unless you want to stay here, which is also fine, but I figured you'd want to be there when I told them about us."

A beat of silence.

"Wait...you're telling them on your dad's birthday??" Ming's voice was awed...and scared.

Kit turned to face him. Ming's eyes were locked on him, the anxiety slowly seeping from them when Kit gave him a reassuring smile. "No, I'm telling them tonight."

"I'll be there with you," Ming promised, shifting to sit on the edge of the bed.

"Good. I'm glad," Kit pecked Ming's forehead, then grabbed another change of clothes, heading for the shower. "Pack whatever you need, then let's get some breakfast. I'm starving!"

Of course you're hungry, Ming was amused, watching his sexy boyfriend saunter into the bathroom and leave the door half open behind him in invitation. After the night we had? He winced as he stood up, legs wobbling slightly as he trailed into the bathroom, appreciating the view Kit made through the clear glass stall door. Man...it's a wonder I can stand today.

Ming stripped out of his bedclothes and quickly joined Kit in the shower, exhaling softly as the hot water soothed his aching muscles. The light bruises blooming on his wrists caught his attention. He smiled slightly, lifting them close to his face to examine them better, pleased. Kit hadn't tied him up, but instead held him down with his own hands, pinning Ming to the bed. He may be a couple inches shorter, and Ming may be a Thai boxing master, but Kit had been a fighter back in high school, getting in and out of scrapes with Pha and Beam. He easily manhandled Ming when the situation called for it.

"You okay?" Kit's hands gently encircled Ming's wrists, massaging them lightly as he pressed a tender kiss to Ming's fingers. "Do they hurt?"

Ming shook his head, still smiling.

"Words, bunny. You have to use your words."

"No pain. Just a nice ache," Ming murmured as Kit drew him closer for a chaste kiss.