Mael x hanahaki reader

I now have to start using pictures from the manga because I've run out of ones that are colored. It's ok though because season (four) five is supposed to come out on the sixth of January 2021 (if there aren't any more delays due to the pandemic). Anyways, enjoy!

You looked at the Archangel you had called a friend for a long time, over a thousand years to be exact, longingly. You ached for him to see you as someone he would stay with, not as a friend, but as something more. You felt nauseous and ran off, leaving Ludociel confused. He had seen the looks you had given his brother, and he was honestly rooting for you to confess. After all, not even a few hours prior to the current time, he was confided in by Mael himself that he loved you, but didn't know how to tell you. Mael saw you run off and thought to run after you, but decided against it, thinking you just needed space. He smiled at the mere thought of you every day, but he could never tell you. Once you got back, you gave Ludociel the thumbs up, telling him that you were good to go. However, he held up his hand, stopping you from following him. He stopped Mael as well. "The two of you are to stay here and make sure that this place is protected. And (Y/N)?" he asked, catching your attention. "Y-yes?" you stuttered. "I expect you to tell me whatever happens that I might need to know. You know what I mean." he said, looking you in the eyes as he spoke. You nodded, a tint of red coating your cheeks as you nodded your head, making the Archangel smile slightly. "Brother, make sure she does her job." he said, turning to Mael. he nodded before Ludociel left. You felt nauseous again and fought back the urge to cough up flower petals. Mael walked with you, smiling as the two of you walked together. "Is everything ok, (Y/N)?" he asked, taking in your scared state. You looked up at Mael and shook your head no. He put a hand on your shoulder and smiled. "If you ever want to talk about it, you know that you can come to me, right?" he asked, looking at you. You nodded and hugged him, making his face turn slightly red as he hugged you back. The two of you set off to get back to your houses.

Over the next two weeks, your hanahaki got worse to the point where you regurgitated whole roses. One day, you went for a walk in your (F/C) dress with your favorite pair of boots. While you were walking, you got the urge again, and ran into the brush to take care of things. Tears flowed down your eyes as you continued to throw up. You felt two arms wrap around your waist and stopped, knowing who it was already. You felt the person wipe your mouth, getting rid of the blood. You were held gently against the person's chest and finally looked up to see Mael, looking at you with concern. "Who is it, who do you like?" he asked, envy lacing his usually sweet tone. You looked up and cupped his cheek as you leaned in and closed the space between the two of you. You kissed him, hoping he felt the same. He melted into the kiss, separating from you after a moment to look at you. However, he saw that you had passed out, and held you close as he flew to get to someone who could help. He remembered that Elizabeth was visiting for the week, and ran to your house, quickly unlocking the door and running upstairs to get her help with healing you. She nodded and ran downstairs with the Archangel, hoping that the two of them weren't too late.

When you woke up, you felt someone resting on you, and looked down to see Mael with his head rested against your chest. He looked up and saw that you were awake, making him scramble to get off of you before he gave up, resting his head back against your chest. He leaned in again, kissing you on the forehead as he held you close to him. "I'm sorry for not noticing your feelings before, (Y/N). Can you ever forgive me?" he asked, his ocean blue eyes meeting yours. You nodded as tears started to come to your eyes. You hugged Mael, wrapping your arms around him tightly and staying there. Ludociel walked in and saw the two of you together as he cleared his throat to make his presence known. Mael noticed his older brother and fell over as he tried to get out of the bed. When he got up, he was met with two white eyes. "Care to tell the details, brother?" he asked, amused at the situation. You giggled quietly as Ludociel saw you. He then went over to you, grabbing a tuft of your (H/C) hair as your concerned gaze met his. "I would hope that nothing bad happened while I was gone?" the Archangel asked, trying to pass the time. You nodded in agreement as he nodded and then left the room to get back to the others. You looked back up at Mael, smiling softly as you closed your eyes and started to drift off to sleep. Mael saw that you were tired, and gently pulled you into his lap as he wrapped his arms around your waist and nuzzled your hair. The two of you eventually fell asleep, happy to be together after a long time of waiting for each other.