Arthur x reader fluffy angst

This is for @VikaMcGarden. Sorry it's so short but I tried to make it as long as possible. Anyways, enjoy!

You paced around your room, thinking about where your boyfriend, Arthur, was at the moment. You had bought a new dress for him to see and he was an hour late to your date with him. You were going to spend time together taking a walk for the evening, but he was nowhere to be seen. You waited for another few minutes before changing out of the dress and into your pajamas. You walked over to the bed as tears slipped down your cheeks, your body starting to shake as you cried to yourself.

Arthur was doing a lot of paperwork in his office when he asked Merlin, his mage, what the time was. "It's a little past ten o'clock Arthur." she replied, busy with her work. Arthur's gaze shot up as he looked at the woman. "Come again?" he asked, his voice shaky. "A little past ten o'clock." she repeated, making the ginger haired male shoot up from his seat as he gave the mage a quick goodbye before taking off down the hallway to see you.

When he got to your shared room, he saw that you were curled up in the bed as silent sobs escaped you. His heart sank when he saw or heard you crying, and he wanted to make things right with you. He changed into his pajamas and got in the bed with you before pulling you close and rolling you over to face him. You looked up at the male and wrapped your arms around his waist, sobbing into his chest. "I'm so sorry for forgetting about the date, and about you. Please forgive me." he begged, tilting your chin up to where you were facing him as he leaned in and kissed you on the lips. His soothing touch always calmed you down whenever you were overwhelmed like this. He ran his hand down your back, rubbing it in soft and soothing patterns. He relaxed with you in his warm embrace before looking down at you once again. You had closed your eyes and fallen asleep in his arms, tired from so much emotional exhaustion. He smiled and kissed you on the forehead before closing his eyes and falling asleep as well, holding you close.