Gilthunder x reader

Hey guys, I thought about Gilthunder today and decided to write for him. Hope you enjoy!

You laid down in the field as the wind gently blew your hair out of your face. It was currently summer in Liones Kingdom, and you were supposed to be with your sisters, Veronica, Margaret, and Elizabeth, as they helped your father plan the peace festival with the commoners in town who were going to be participating. You closed your eyes and rested, letting your worries drift away in the wind before hearing a familiar and much appreciated voice call your name. "(Y/N), where are you?" you sat up off of your blanket and were met with the lovable pink hair and blue eyes of your boyfriend, Gilthunder. He was still training to become a good Holy Knight, even if he couldn't be the strongest one in the kingdom. He saw you and ran to you, a relieved look in his eyes as he finally got to you, wrapping his arms around you as he smiled softly. "You know you should be inside of the castle." he scolded, causing you to laugh at how serious he could be. "What's so funny?" he asked, making you shake your head. "You're so serious all the time, lighten up for once, Gil." you said. His face put his hair to shame with how pink it turned. "I, well, it's the job of a Holy Knight to be-" "Serious?" you finished, causing him to nod softly. "Oh for heaven's sake Gilthunder, rest every once in a while. Here, you should stay here with me and rest for a bit." you advised, making the male sigh as he sat down next to you and rested with you on the soft blanket in the field. You rested your head against his chest as you spoke, reaching up as you gently ran your fingers through his soft hair. "You work too hard, take it easy. You worry me every time you go on expeditions because you go all out from the start. Please take care of yourself every once in a while." you said, wrapping your arms around his waist as you started to drift off. You knew that he would listen to you if he needed to, but he still worked himself to death every day until he collapsed. You had rested your head on his lap at this point, with the Holy Knight above you running his fingers through your hair gently. He sighed before picking you up and getting your things before he carried you back to the castle. When he passed Bartra, he nodded respectfully as your father took in the sight of your sleeping form in his arms and smiled, tucking a strand of your hair behind your ear. Once he got to your room, he opened the door and took in the sight of the ornate furniture illuminated by the many candles and the windows in the room, and the large king size bed. He then gently set you down, put the blanket beside the bed for you to use as you wished whenever you woke up, and then was about to leave when he heard you call out to him softly. "Cuddles." you said, reaching out to him as he looked down the hall to make sure that no one saw him. You knew that he would listen to you regardless, and smiled when he did. You felt his muscular arms wrap around your waist, and smiled as he laid down next to you. You kissed his forehead and then rested his head on your chest, causing his face to once again turn pink. He eventually relaxed as he started to drift off to sleep with you. His breathing slowed as he finally fell asleep, causing you to smile as you closed your eyes and fell asleep in his arms, happy to be in his presence.