Roses

Hey guys, this was requested by @xxOfficialWeebZoexx. I had to use this picture because it just fits perfectly into this. Anyways, hope you enjoy!

Solace finished getting ready by putting on his jacket and running down the stairs to get his shoes. Diane and Harlequin watched him run by and then smiled at the young boy's seemingly endless energy. The little family had to get ready with only an hour's notice from Meliodas and Elizabeth saying that they wanted their children to have a playdate with each other. Tristan and you, Elizabeth and Meliodas' children, were very excited, especially you, who had heard about Solace having a sister that she could play with.

You clutched onto Bartra, your grandfather, as you waited for the children and their parents to come through the portal that had opened up. Finally, after a few minutes, Harlequin flew down with Chastiefol supporting Diane and his children who were in her arms. After they got off of the large pillow configuration of the spirit spear, they waved to you, who shyly waved back. You waved to the young boy who was running towards you, a smile on his face as his magenta eyes locked onto you and he sprinted to where you were before stopping and saying hey. "How are you (Y/N)?" he asked, causing you to quietly say that you were doing well. You had been friends with the brunette for a while, and he was one of the only few people outside of your biological family who you talked to optionally. "Do you want to go to the gardens?" he asked, causing a smile to appear on your face before you nodded your head yes. Violet asked if she could join while Tristan walked up and said hello. You all then took off to the gardens together to play there. You and Solace were the same age: Seven. Tristan was eight, and Violet, Solace's sister, was five. Lancelot was also eight, and his younger sister, Camellia, was six. You smiled as Solace reached through the bushes of the tulips and got out the box he had put there for you to get to. You took it and smiled when your (E/C) eyes landed on the glass rose necklace that the box contained within. You put on the necklace as Solace hugged you tightly. If you were a calm lake, then Solace was a cyclone in comparison. He then got a rose and gave it to you. However, you waved the flower away as Solace spoke. "One day, I'm going to steal your heart and marry you, (Y/N). I promise." he said, hugging you once again. You pried him off of you as you spoke. "In your dreams moron. You're too much." you said, sticking your tongue out at him. You and the others all continued to play together, forgetting about the conversation.

~Timeskip~

Solace got ready for the peace festival, putting on a white shirt that brought out the color of his eyes and then putting on a pair of black pants. He then put on a green jacket to pull the look together. He thought of what you would be wearing for the festival as he let himself imagine. Every time he saw you, you had that glass rose on your necklace chain. When you outgrew the other small chain he had given you, you put it on another much larger chain. You put on a white dress that faded into blue at the ends, which was a courtesy of your grandfather showing you to your great aunt Nadja's room, given that you were the youngest of his grandchildren. He wanted you to know that he trusted you to make sure the dress wasn't damaged beyond repair. You were 16 now after all. You still remembered Solace's words from when the two of you were seven years old, and would tease him about it many times just to see the heat that rose in his cheeks as a result of such antics. You smiled when you heard Tristan knock on the door before telling him that he could come in. "Hey, are you ready or not?" he asked, a smile on his face as you nodded. He opted that the two of you match for the night, and wore a blue button up sweater vest over his white button up shirt. He had his hair tied back with a blue silk ribbon, a pair of black pants and a pair of blue leather loafers completing the look as the two of you saw Lancelot and Solace with their sisters walking down the hall. You watched as Solace ran to you and hugged you tightly. "Hey (Y/N), how's it going?" he asked, his face a slight tint of red at seeing you in such a pretty outfit. He had taken after his father when it came to talking to girls and that was something he would not and could not deny. You told him you were doing well as he tightly clutched the roses behind his back that he was going to give you. You noticed that he was worried and then took notice of the roses. "Whatcha got there Solace? Are those roses?" you asked, making his face turn even redder as he nodded his head yes. You elbowed him as you continued to tease him. "Who's the lucky girl, huh?" you asked, making him hide his face in his ponytail. "N-no one. I s-swear." he stuttered, suddenly very doubtful that you would feel the same. The two of you walked before stopping in an abandoned corridor as he got the flowers and gave them to you. They had a note within them in a heart shaped box that was tied off with a blue ribbon. The roses were blue, and had a green ribbon tying them together. You took out the note and then read it to yourself, your face turning red as you realized that the roses were for you. "I know it's stupid but I had hoped that you might say yes to being my girlfriend. You don't have to-" he was cut off by you grabbing his collar and pulling him in before placing your lips against his. His magenta eyes widened at the sudden move as his face turned completely red before the two of you separated from each other. "Of course." you said, your voice a soft whisper as you looked up at him, a soft smile on your face as you intertwined your fingers with his, walking with him before the two of you joined the others at the festival. When Tristan saw the two of you holding hands, he smirked before walking up to the two of you. "Took you long enough." he said, placing a hand on his friend's shoulder as Solace hid his face in his hands. At this point, Meliodas had seen the two of you holding hands, and smirked over at the two of you before being grabbed by Elizabeth and forced to stay where he was. The two of you then decided to wander the streets together and stopped at a confectioner who sold apple caramel candies. She knew you, so she gave you a slight price discount because you were one of her regulars. You bought a bunch of the apple caramels and gave a bag of them to Solace, who gladly took them and started eating some of them. You both loved the taste of them, and gladly continued walking together for the rest of the night, wondering what was ahead of the two of you in the future.