Helbram x reader angst

Helbram wandered around the Fairy King's Forest alone most of the time. Not because he wanted to, but because he lost the only person who wanted to go with him many years ago. He smiled sadly as he thought of your soft smile and your sweet lavender and honey scent. A few tears left his eyes as he recalled when he had last seen you.

Helbram was flying to a patch of moonlight illuminated grass, and saw you there lying nearly motionless on a large rock in front of the moonrose garden that you cared for in front of your house. They only bloomed at night, when the moonlight hit them fully. They also closed up once the sun started to rise in the morning, and would stay that way until the night time came again. Your eyes were staring up at the sky as red ran down the rock. When you saw Helbram, he noticed the red pooling beneath you, and dove down to you. He saw a human not far from you with a knife, a smirk on his face before he was stabbed by the plants around him, infused with Helbram's magic. He looked back down at you as you cupped his cheek, tears cascading down his face as he held the one he loved the most in the world. "Helbram, please promise me that you'll take care of my garden, I can't lose it." you begged, making him nod softly as you closed your eyes and smiled softly, your hand then dropping limp as you took one last breath and then died in his arms. His eyes widened as he started to sob, a scream tearing through his throat as he held your still body in his arms.

He shook his head to clear the melancholy thoughts away, not wanting others to see him sad. He then kept walking with a bouquet of moonroses and some incense to burn. He then smiled when he got to the garden and your house. He had given his house to another fairy, whom he trusted very much. He laid the flowers at the base of the large rock and used a small flame that he conjured to burn the incense. It was a light smell of lavender, the flower you smelled like the most, and looked up at the sky before he devised a plan to not only avenge you, but Harlequin's death as well.

~Timeskip~

Helbram killed the last human in the village he was in and then smiled before hearing footsteps behind him. He turned around and saw Harlequin as his eyes widened in shock. "Why Helbram? Why did you do this to these people?!" he yelled, making the fairy let out a chuckle before he turned to his best friend. "Those humans took us as hostages and took our wings, saying they were going to make a lot of money from them. Do you know what it feels like, to watch as the people you stood by as friends and comrades die in front of you?! What it feels like to hear them scream as they breathe their last?! I do, I have for the past three hundred years, ever since I lost my lover, and then you I hated those humans!" he screamed. He was then impaled with a rose in his heart, and fell dead immediately after.

Helbram woke up in a meadow of moonroses, the stars shining above him as he felt something soft under him. He then looked up to see you, and hugged you tightly, sobbing into your shoulder. Everything was there, your warmth, your wings, your scent, everything. "I've missed you so much, Helbram." you whispered. "That's what I'm supposed to say, (Y/N). Please don't leave me again." he begged. "I can't now, because this is where the two of us will rest for now. Then, when the others join us or whenever you feel like it, we can explore this beautiful place. Welcome to our new home, Helbram" you said. He leaned in and kissed you on the lips, making you sigh before the two of you separated from each other. You then fell asleep against Helbram's chest before he closed his eyes and fell asleep as well, tired from his long journey back to you.