Monspeet x reader highschool AU

Hey guys, hope you had a happy 4th of July! I can't remember who requested this but enjoy!

Monspeet sighed at the paperwork he had ahead of him. As Britannia Highschool's History teacher, he had to grade a lot of assignments every day, which was eased slightly by the thought of you, his patient wife, helping him grade the mountains of papers and tests he had piling up. After the last class left, and he helped the lingering students, he closed the door to his classroom, locked it, and then said goodbye to the teachers before leaving and driving to get home to you.

You were currently starting dinner at home, having gotten back an hour earlier from your shift at the cafe you worked at near your home. You loved hearing about your husband from some of his students who lived near the cafe as well. Diane and Elizabeth, as well as Elaine and their boyfriends were such wonderful kids, apart from Elizabeth and Elaine's boyfriends, Meliodas and Ban, who they said were sometimes badly behaving students. Though you had wanted to be a teacher before meeting your husband and becoming a barista, you still cherished hearing about your husband's job as a teacher and how it went from the students' perspective. You were humming softly as you put on your apron and started to make Monspeet's favorite food, ravioli.

Monspeet took out the key to his house and then turned it before being welcomed by the scent of your cooking. He smiled and then closed the door behind him, walking into the house as he took off his coat and his boots, relishing the feeling of being on carpet that wasn't paper thin. You felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist and smiled before speaking. "Have a seat, dinner's almost ready." you said. He smiled and pressed a gentle kiss against your forehead before taking a seat at the island where the two of you ate. He was currently in front of you, watching as your nimble fingers worked away at plating the food with ease and then giving it to him. He smiled at the dish choice. "Ravioli tonight, huh?" he asked, smiling at you. "You've been working so hard these past few weeks, and I thought I would do something nice for you, to appreciate you and all you do for me." you said, getting your own plate and sitting next to him. Monspeet looked to be deep in thought for a moment before speaking. "Would you mind spending the day in my classroom tomorrow, if your shift allows it, that is?" he asked. You nodded your head yes before calling your boss and asking for the day off tomorrow. Her children were students of his, so she knew what you meant by going to work with him. She said yes and then told you to have a nice day tomorrow. You then hung up the phone and then went back to speaking with your husband about how your day was, and also talking about how some of his students stopped by today and that they told you that you were a good teacher. After the two of you were done with dinner, you put up the dishes in the dishwasher and then went upstairs with your husband and went to sleep.

The next day, you decided on a (F/C) sweater with black leggings and a pair of leather brown boots to match. You also wore a scarf given that the weather was very cold today. You then got in the car with your husband and went to the school with him, smiling as you walked the corridors of the large school building. You waved at Merlin as she looked at you, smiling when she waved back. She was the only other teacher that knew you were here today. You stopped in front of Monspeet's classroom and waited for him to unlock the door before watching as he raced off and found another swivel chair in Merlin's classroom. He then let you use his much more comfortable chair before speaking. "We have about five minutes before first period, so I was thi-" he was interrupted by Jericho and Guila bursting into the room screaming. "Mr. Monspeet, Ban stole our jackets!" they shouted in unison. You had turned around in time to avoid their gaze, not that they would have noticed you with being preoccupied. "Ever tried getting Elaine to sort that stuff out instead of going to me?" he asked, causing the two of them to deadpan before thanking him and running out of the room to find Elaine. After they were out of earshot, Monspeet spoke again. "As I was saying, I propose a game of-" the bell rang as soon as he was about to say what the two of you could do, causing you to laugh as he hit his head against the desk. The students started walking in, with a few of the girls saying good morning to your husband. They then caught sight of you and started to whisper excitedly amongst themselves. After a while, the students stared at their teacher and you. "Hey, Mr. Monspeet, may I ask a question please?" one of the boys asked. He nodded his head yes. "How much did you pay this woman to be here?" he asked, causing him to pinch the bridge of his nose. You laughed silently before speaking. "He didn't pay me sweetie, I'm here because he asked me to be here." you said. "I can't believe... that you would even suggest that I paid someone to be here." he said, silently fuming at the boy. "Monspeet, there's no need to get all riled up over an oblivious child." you then turned to the students. "Hi, my name is (Y/N), and I'm Monspeet's wife." you said, causing the students to start to cheer, thinking you would take their side in an argument they'd been having with Monspeet. "Mr. Monspeet thinks we shouldn't be allowed to eat in the classroom." one of the girls said, causing you to nod your head as others dropped their two cents into the conversation. After a while, you smiled at them after their complaints about the food in class dilemma had stopped. "Is Monspeet the one who keeps this classroom tidy?" you asked, looking at them quizzically. They all nodded their heads yes. "I see." you said, looking back at your husband. "Well in that case," you walked over and stood by your husband, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I think his decision is the ultimate one, even if you can't eat in class." you said, causing a large number of disappointed children to sigh and groan in defeat.

After all of the classes were over for the day, and you said goodbye to the last student after they got feedback on a project they were given extra time to do, you turned to your husband and smiled. "You're right, they really can tire you out. I see why you're always so eager to come back home after a long day here." you said, smiling softly. You then took his hands into yours after the two of you left the school, rubbing the backs of them gently to ease the pressure that had built up in them during the school day. After you were finished, you walked with Monspeet to the car and got into the passenger seat, leaning back and relaxing in your seat. You then waited until Monspeet pulled into the driveway of your home and then went inside before you went upstairs and got changed into your pyjamas. You then got into the bed and waited for your husband. After Monspeet was finally in the bed, you rolled over to face him, smiling softly before burying your face in his neck. "I'm glad I got to meet your students today. They seemed nice even though they were also quite the handful." you said, causing the male to hum in contentment. He then wrapped his arms around you and held you close to his chest. "Thank you for all you do." he whispered, drifting off into the comfortable embrace of sleep.