Mael x reader fluffy angst

Hey guys, this was a request from @Pika_Branwen. Hope you enjoy!

You were constantly teased by your friends for your freckles. You had fair skin, which made them stand out to many people without you having to try. You were called names like 'Sand Face' 'Pinpoints' and a lot more. However, your boyfriend, Mael, loved your freckles, they had to be one of his favorite things about you. He would always play connect the dots with your freckles, and even would stand up for you if someone made fun of you for your freckles. One day, he ran into a human with a lot of freckles who was getting teased. "Well, you guys are just jealous of my angel kisses because an angel has never blessed you with so many kisses, so go on and cry about it. I'm unique, and I pride myself on that!" the human shouted. Mael, suddenly getting an idea, quickly bought what he was there in that village for and then flew off to get back home to you.

Once he did get home to you, Mael saw you crying with a cup of Chamomile tea in your hands, hoping it would calm you down. "Hey, hey Butterfly, what's wrong?" he asked, wrapping his arms around your waist. "They keep making fun of my freckles like they always do." you said, muffled by the sleeve of your sweater. "I saw a human on the surface that looked like you. They call these angel kisses down on the surface. Which is perfectly fitting, because..." he spun you around and peppered your face in kisses, holding you close to his chest as he did so. After a while of this, you smiled up at him as he wiped away your tears with his thumbs. "Please, don't think of yourself as ugly. From now on, I want you to call those freckles of yours angel kisses." he said. You nodded and then spent the rest of the night close to him as the two of you slept.

The next day, you saw the rude girls in your faction and sighed. "Hey sandbox, what's up?" one of them asked, smirking at you. You smiled. "Nothing much, just happy that my face is covered in what many humans call angel kisses, shame no one loves you enough to give you any." you said, smirking as your friend called out for you. "Well girls, it was wonderful seeing you today, bye bye now!" you said, walking off with your newfound confidence, all thanks to Mael.