King x reader fluffy angst

This was requested by @Wildx22xCard. I hope you like it!

Harlequin, your boyfriend, was helping set up for your birthday party at the Boar Hat. To be honest, he was nervous. What if one of the Sins caused havoc? What if someone got hurt? What if you didn't like the party? More questions swirled through his mind as he clutched onto his gift for you. Ban, who made it his mission to make Harlequin mad, saw the gift and tried to reach it. Your boyfriend saw this and stopped him, making sure that he didn't lay a finger on the present. Harlequin had gotten this just for you and even decorated it for you himself. It was a leather cover (F/C) sketchbook with a set of brush tip markers as well. The total cost was 40 dollars, making the gift pretty expensive. If he had to pay for a new one because Ban messed it up, he was going to kill him for it. After they were done, Meliodas told everyone to hide as he closed the door and went to get you.

After a few minutes of waiting, Harlequin heard your voice and your footsteps as you walked in. "So, where is everyone?" you asked, confused. Meliodas shrugged his shoulders as you looked down. "It's fine, I usually celebrate by myself anyways, this is no different." The others looked at each other in concern as Harlequin counted down from three with his fingers and mouthed to the others. "If I'm being honest, it's been a while since I've even celebrated my birthday." you said to the blonde. "Well," Meliodas said. Everyone jumped out and yelled. "Happy Birthday (Y/N)!" as you jumped. You looked back at everyone as they told you that they wanted it to be a surprise this year and happy birthday and such. You smiled and took a seat as the cake was cut. You were the first to receive a piece before the others got theirs. After the cake was over with, your friends led you to the gift table. You took a gift off of the pile and read the card aloud. After you opened the present, you gasped, taking out a new (F/C) blouse that was from Ban. You thanked the Sin of Greed and then got the next gift. You smiled as you took out a new pair of black boots from Diane and Elaine. You thanked the two and went through the gifts until there was one left. When you took out the glass hummingbird, Harlequin knew his gift would have no meaning to you in comparison. He walked outside after you were done and had the gifts in a bag and threw the present on the ground before leaving. You walked out, looking for your boyfriend, and saw the slightly torn paper that said: To: (Y/N) From: King in your boyfriend's handwriting. You opened the package and smiled, looking at the leather cover sketchbook. You went back inside and showed the others the book as they smiled.

The next day, Harlequin went back to the tavern to get the torn paper and the gift box and gasped when he saw that it was nowhere in sight. When he walked in, his eyes widened as he saw you drawing in the sketchbook. You were only on the first page, but the drawing was what mattered more. He saw you carefully tracing over the sketch of him on the first page with one of the new pens you had gotten in the box with the brush tip markers, sketchbook, and some pencils. You looked up at him and set the sketchbook down, grabbing his collar. You pulled him to you and kissed him on the lips before sitting back down and continuing to finish the drawing. You had moved on by now to the coloring of the sketch as you carefully colored in his skin. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw your boyfriend with his face buried in his pillow, his face and even the tips of his ears a bright red. After you were done, you showed him the drawing and let him take a look at it. His Sacred Treasure was perfectly drawn as well as his face. He looked at you, smiling as tears started to well up in his eyes. He gave you the sketchbook back before wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you up onto his pillow. He then buried his face in your chest as he hugged you close. "Are you ok, Harlequin?" you asked, slightly concerned. The fairy nodded and looked up at you. He floated over to the window sill and rested on his pillow there, holding you close. You smiled, running your fingers through his hair as he started to fall asleep. You relaxed and soon fell asleep, happy with the day.