Mael x goddess reader

Hey guys, this was a request from @Jc20-5. Hope you enjoy!

You remember looking at him from afar as he killed demons by the hundred in battle. You remember his kind face and his mesmerizing blue eyes. Mael, the Sun Grace, was one of the kindest people you knew, and he was also very selfless. The first time the two of you spoke was right after a war meeting when you all had to leave to get back to the Light of Grace. Given that you had finally achieved the rank of Lance Corporal, you were able to travel to and from the surface whenever you pleased. You remember being assigned to the Sun Faction as a soldier under Mael's command. When you finally got to the rank of Lance Corporal, you were overjoyed to hear that you would be accompanying Mael wherever he went. You were also given a new set of armor that had the mark of the Sun on the front and back. When Ludociel, Mael's older brother, noticed you looking at his brother with longing eyes full of want, he immediately told you that you didn't have a chance with his brother. You, however, weren't going to give up without a fight. Little did you know, Mael also saw you that way as well. You were with him when he killed Glariza, the demon Gowther's lover, but back then you didn't know there were going to be consequences. When you overheard Gowther talking to Drole about ending the Holy War, you knew what he was plotting, and tried to reason with the Commandment of Selflessness. However, instead of telling you that he would erase your memory of the conversation you were having, he told you that he would let you keep your memory of it, and shield you in a sort of way from the spell he was about to cast. "Memory Shield" he said, causing a pink bubble to form around you as he cast the spell on everyone except you. After he had cast the spell, the bubble disappeared, and you watched as he fell backward and his wheelchair broke. Your eyes widened in horror as you saw the doll Gowther fall backwards as well. You then ran to find the others, hoping they were ok. When you got to Ludociel, you saw that he was sobbing into his hands as he begged that his brother was alive. When you heard that, you ran over to him and wrapped your arms around him. You knew that Mael wasn't dead, but you had to fake it for now. "Sir Ludociel, what happened? Where is Mael?" you asked, desperately searching for an answer. "He was killed by Estarossa, the Commandment of Love, while he was in the Celestial Realm. My younger brother, the only person that I swore to protect, is dead, and I can't do anything about it." he said, hugging you back. "(Y/N), he told me to tell you that if he didn't make it back alive, then I was to tell you what he thought of you." he said, causing your eyes to widen ever so slightly. "What do you mean, Sir Ludociel?" you asked, slightly confused. "He loved you. He told me to tell you that he wanted to be there for you, and to be by your side until the day he died, but now he's gone." he said, tears streaming down his cheeks as tears of your own welled up in your eyes. He had loved you back, but you had no idea that he had until it was too late.

~Timeskip~

3,000 years had passed since that day, and you were the last Goddess on earth other than Elizabeth. She was currently having a war meeting with the remaining Sins and the other three Archangels, about what their plan to get back Meliodas would be. After the meeting was over, Elizabeth walked over to you and put a hand against your shoulder, comforting you in a way. "You don't have to help us fight, (Y/N). You know that, right?" she asked, causing you to nod your head yes. "Elizabeth, I want to help you get your lover back. I lost mine, but I don't want you to lose yours. Besides, I'm one of your friends, so I'm going to help you whether you like it or not." you said, causing her to smile as she nodded her head and then walked away. You grasped Gowther's collar and looked him dead in the eye as you spoke. "Understand that the reason that he's gone is because the one who made you cast that stupid mind spell thing. You had better give me my Archangel back today, Gowther, or else I'm going to send you to where the other Gowther is faster than you would prefer, got it?" you threatened, causing him to sigh before he gave you a comforting smile. "I have every intention of getting him back, but it's not going to be easy."

You were with the Defense Force back in Liones, and you had been assigned to be with Dreyfus. Given that he didn't like that Hendrickson was practically fanboying over the fact that he had met three of the four Archangels, he didn't like you either. However, once you helped heal Griamore, he accepted that you were one of the Goddesses that didn't let their power get to their head. He thanked you as you nodded to him before the two of you continued to fight demons. Then, you felt it, a large surge of power that was all too familiar. You turned to Dreyfus as you spoke. "Hey, Sir Dreyfus, I'm going to make sure that the returning injured knights are ok. Do you think that you can handle these demons while I'm gone?" you asked. He nodded his head yes before watching as you took to the skies to get to the East Gate.

Once you got there, you saw that Gilthunder was returning with a now awake Margaret in his arms. Both of them were severely injured, causing instinct to take over as you ran to them and took the princess gently from the male's arms. The two of you walked as you healed the lavender haired princess and then Gilthunder. The pink haired male smiled at you and thanked you before gingerly taking the princess out of your arms and walking back to the castle.

Later that night, after Meliodas and Elizabeth had finally gotten rid of their curses, the blonde invited you to the Boar Hat for a drink and to hang out with the Holy Knights as well. When you got to the door to the tavern, you sensed a familiar magical power and opened the door quietly to where you slipped in unnoticed by the others. A few of the Knights waved at you, and you returned the gesture to them as you walked up to the balcony of the tavern. When you saw him, your eyes widened and time seemed to stop. He looked the same as the last day you had seen him. He was clearly wasted, but you didn't care about that at all as you ran over to him and practically tackled him to the ground. You looked up at him with teary eyes as his gaze locked with yours. Needless to say, he sobered up instantly, the blush coating his cheeks vanishing completely as you buried your face in his chest and sobbed. "Mael, please tell me it's really you." you begged, causing him to smile down at you as he nodded softly. "It's me, (Y/N). Why are you crying?" he asked, confused. "Because I thought that I would never get the chance to see you again." you said, causing his face to turn red as he looked to the side. "Why would you want to see me out of all the people you know?" he asked, looking back at you when you grabbed his collar. You then decided that your chance was now or never as you pulled him in and pressed your lips against his, kissing him as his face and the tips of his ears turned completely red before he kissed you back. "I didn't know you liked me. You should have said something sooner." he said, pulling you into his lap as he rested his head on top of yours. You were facing him as he wrapped his strong arms around you, holding you close as he sighed. "Your brother told me that you had feelings for me, so I didn't know until you had been turned into Estarossa. I thought that I had no chance with you until he told me." you explained, causing him to nod as you reached up and ran your fingers through his hair. He leaned into your touch as you continued to do so, slowly putting him to sleep. However, you were also exhausted, and slowly started to fall asleep in his arms before your hand stopped. Luckily, Mael hadn't fallen asleep yet, and made sure to watch over you as you dozed. Elizabeth tapped him on the shoulder, catching his attention as she pointed to where an empty room was so that he could sleep. He thanked her before he went to the bedroom and set you down under the covers. He then got in with you as he held you close to his chest, falling asleep with you in his arms soon after.