Mael x reader fluffy angst

Your boyfriend of two years, Mael, was deep in sleep until he felt something tug at the back of his nightshirt. He woke up slowly so as not to alert what or rather who had woken him up this early in the morning. Mael turned around with the intention to knock out whatever had grabbed onto him. However when he saw that it was you, his gaze softened and he smiled. He then realized that you were gripping his shirt tightly and there were tears coming from your eyes. His gaze went from happy to worried in an instant. Your boyfriend softly hugged you and pulled you close, gently shaking you to wake you up. You jolted awake and looked around frantically searching for your boyfriend. When you saw him, he was wide awake and staring at you in worry and confusion. You shook your head and saw that his gaze became even more worried. Finally, after the silence was starting to get uncomfortable, Mael took the chance to speak. "What was the nightmare about, (Y/N)? You can tell me." he gently played with your soft (H/C) (H/L) hair, curling it around his fingers. You thought back to the terrifying nightmare about Estarossa and Mael's 'murder' and shook your head. You then decided that given that the nightmare was about the Sun Grace, he had a sort of right to know. You snuggled against his chest and started to let out heaving sobs. This made Mael worried as he grabbed the back of your head and patted your back, rubbing your back in soothing patterns. You then finally decided to speak. "It was about the holy war and about you. I don't want to lose you again, Mael." his gaze softened as you said that. He pulled you up to where your face and his face were level and softly kissed your cheek. "I promise you that I'm never going to leave you again, and I'm not going to let you be afraid anymore." he told you. He then wrapped you in a warm hug and softly drifted into sleep. It didn't take long until sleep took you over as well. You slowly slipped into a dreamless sleep, happy that you had woken up, even if for only a short while.