Child Mael x Child reader fluff

You were only ten when you met Mael for the first time. He was eleven, but you still thought of him as a good friend. Your parents knew each other very well, and had been friends for a long time. They died during the war, so you were orphaned and sent to an orphanage. You were mistreated and also yelled at, which didn't help with your fear of loud noises. You had a few toys that you kept to yourself. You had a small stuffed animal and a locket, containing your mother and father's pictures in it. It also had a small music box inside of it. One day, you saw Mael and Ludociel outside of the orphanage and tapped on the glass when they were right next to the building. You had your bags packed already when they came along. Mael tugged on Ludociel's sweater sleeve and pointed to you. "We can't adopt her, you know that." He said. Mael then went into the building, grabbed your stuff, and ran out with you in tow. The lady managing the orphanage saw this and ran after the two of you, grabbing you and leaving Mael. He grabbed your locket and ripped it off on accident. You nodded to him, telling him to keep it to remember you by something.

*twelve years later*

You were 22 now, and had been forced to work at the orphanage as a nanny while the other workers slept. You had fully grown your wings by now, and had been planning to fly away when you could. You had to train them to fly, and had been doing so when you were told to get groceries. You always thought about Mael, and about how he was doing in life. You were told to get groceries today and nodded before using your arc to cut off the chain that kept you here as well as the anklet that bound the chain to your leg. You then grabbed your things, unfurled your wings, and took off flying. You had double checked to see if you had missed anything in the room you had. You then headed into town and looked around. In your free time, you would work to get money from the people at the markets and get paid by one of the nice women at the orphanage, so you weren't broke. You had more than enough money, and hid it under your pillow and in your underwear drawer as well. You landed at the entrance to town and saw Mael with a few other people. Ludociel had gotten much taller, and Mael had also done the same. "Mael!" You called, making him look over to see you with a smile on your face. "It's been a while." You said, making him give you a confused look. "Don't you recognize me? It's (Y/N)." You said. His eyes lit up as he engulfed you in a hug. "I knew you would get out of that orphanage eventually. How are you?" He asked, his friends looking at you with disdain and slight annoyance. "Mael, we have to go soon." Ludociel interrupted. Mael gave his older brother a look of slight annoyance and nodded. He motioned for you to follow them as all of them other than Mael looked at you like you were annoying them. "Don't you have a home or something?" One of the asked, making you laugh nervously. "Actually no. I've been forced to work at the orphanage outside of town for a while. They kept me chained up there too, so I couldn't get away. I eventually did of course." You replied. The two of you were talking the entire way to where you needed to go. When you got to the celestial gate, you went through with them. One of the men, the shortest one, turned to you. "Why are you still here, you should be leaving now that you're free." He said, giving you a scowl. The three headed male beside him put a hand on his shoulder. "Sariel, that's no way to talk to a lady. She's welcome to join us if she wants to." He said. The man known as Sariel huffed and nodded. As the five of you walked, you saw that Mael was fidgeting with his hands. "Hey, are you ok?" You asked him, making him look down at you. He held you back from the group slightly and then spoke in a hushed tone. "There's something I want to tell you later, please don't tell Sariel about it though. He makes it his personal goal to torment me as much as possible every day." He whispered. After he finished speaking, the two of you rejoined the group. Sariel gave you a look before he sighed and turned back around. The five of you came upon the Supreme Diety's castle and waited outside. You watched as they were called in and stayed outside of the castle before they came back outside. They kept walking and you had to leave to find somewhere to stay for the night. "Bye guys!" You called, walking off. After you got back to town, you went to the inn and got a room there for the night before you would be leaving to travel around Brittania and see the surface. You wanted to be gone from this town and never see the orphanage again. When the sun had set, you went off to find Mael. You found him at the waterfalls that fell to the surface. "Hey, you asked me to come here." You said, startling the male slightly as he looked back at you. You had gotten a shower and gotten dressed in some new clothes as well. His cheeks turned red as he looked at your attire. It was a pair of leggings that outlined your curves perfectly, and went very well with your sweater that had a v-neck and had a little bit of your chest showing. You sat down beside him and leaned against him. "It's so beautiful here." You said. He looked at you with his beautiful blue eyes. The male then took the chance to speak. "I remember when we would go here as children and you would speak to me when I was sad." He said, a small chuckle escaping his lips as he thought back. "What did you want to tell me?" You asked, looking up at him. He wrapped his arms around you as he spoke in a soft tone. "I've always thought about that last time we saw each other, when you first got to the orphanage. I remember you wanting to stay with us, and me wanting the same thing. I tried to get Ludociel to adopt you because our parents had died as well, and we were friends then as well. You looked heartbroken then. I wanted to make it up to you, and make sure you were never alone again." He said, making you look up at him as you realized what he was about to say. "I've loved you for a long time, and would gladly give my life for yours. I want to know if you feel the same way." He said, looking down at you to see tears in your eyes. You hugged him tightly, looking up at him as you nodded your head yes. You leaned up and kissed him on the lips, taking him by surprise as he melted into your touch. After the two of you separated, you laid down in the soft grass next to Mael, falling asleep soon after in his arms.