Chapter 42

Pablo just kissed me in the middle of the room and my only luck was that Gül aga already left the room and no one else was there except Gregorio who was also shocked.

- Get off me! - I groaned as I pushed Pablo off of me - You can't just kiss me like that!

Even though I enjoyed it...

- Angie, do you love him? - he asked again.

- I love him! - I said without hesitation.

- Didn't this kiss mean anything to you??

- Pablo...

- Answer me! - he demanded and I could see he was near to cry which just broke my heart to see.

- Pablo... This kiss made me remember all the good things we had... But that's the past...

Pablo went pale.

- I'm sorry, but even if I'd want to leave... I can't... I can't because my kids are here and not so many people likes me and if they'd know about what just happened they'd kill me!

- You're the sultan's servant... Why would they kill you?

- Firstly because he isn't here so he can't protect me... Second because you kissed me and automatically you'd be killed too after me and thirdly...

- Yes?

- My children... They're here... And this is my home... I'm not leaving...

- Angie...

- Pablo, enough - said Gregorio.

- Go to your rooms now, please... I'll see you both tomorrow - I told them.

Gregorio nodded and smiled sympathetically, but Pablo was looking so sad, but they left anyway without saying anything else.

- Ah... Why do you do this to me, Pablo... - I sighed loudly after they left and later on I decided to read German's letter which made me feel better right away and I could get some rest.

----- TIME SKIP -----

The next day I went to look for Gregorio first as I was guessing Pablo doesn't want to talk to me early in the morning... And he's not a morning person either.

- Good morning - Gregorio smiled.

It's so weird to see him smiling like that, but it's good too as atleast he's talking to me now... Not like Pablo.

After we met up we went out tobthe garden for a walk and chat.

- And what happened to the Studio? - I asked him, but I was truly afraid of the answer.

- It's still up, but...

- But...?

- But Antonio... Well, he died a few years ago... So the Studio has a new owner and pretty much everything changed there.

- Oh... - I sighed - Anyway Ludmilla is here in the palace too.

- Really?

- Yes. I took her to me to help with my children so no other can order her to do anything... Either that psycho Mahidevran, or the others.

- I see... And anyway... About Pablo...

- I don't know what can I do with him, but I kinda understand him - I sighed.

- But I don't! - Gregorio snapped - He shouldn't be acting like that!

Then he hugged me which really surprised me first, but I was glad he did it.

- It's nice to see you again - I said as we were hugging.

- Again? - we suddenly heard a sarcastic voice from behind us - What is that supposed to mean, Hürrem sultana?