Chapter 179

I decided to listen to the doc who told me to not to travel anymore for a while and stay in the palace for now so I sent a message to German so he won't be worried if he arrives back to the main palace and I'm not there.

In the meantime I decided to make my sons make things up, but they seem to be so stubborn! Like their father...

Anyways...

While the time was passing by Sümbül seemed to be looking at me on a different way than he did before. I can't explain in what way exactly.

I've been ignoring that for a long while when it was time for us to go back to the main palace...

- Okay, Sümbül... - I sighed when we were half way to home - Now tell me the truth...

- W-What truth, sultana? - he asked.

- You do know something about my sickness, don't you?

- I...

- Tell me! I deserve to know!

He hesitated for a while, but soon he gave in...

- Sultana... The doctor said you have some serious issues with your lung and body... She said that... That you might don't have much time left... - he said with his head deeply down.

- What...

- This is what she told me a few days ago. You know I wouldn't lie to you, sultana - he said firmly and I could see he was near to cry.

- I know...

I was literally shaking at this point and the rest of the way home went on in silent.

----- TIME SKIP -----

As we arrived I decided to make Sümbül to not to tell German about my sickness just yet as what the doc told him is not even sure yet and I don't want German to worry about me forno reason.

When the wagon arrived to the palace we went in and I was walking into my room I couldn't help noticing a letter on my bed...

- A letter...

I opened the letter and just by the handwriting I knew it's from German which made me smile immediately and I totally forgot what was I worried about at the first place...

"Throne of my lonely niche, my wealth, my love, my moonlight.

My most sincere friend, my confidant, my very existence, my Sultan, my one and only love.
The most beautiful among the beautiful...

My springtime, my merry faced love, my daytime, my sweetheart, laughing leaf...

My plants, my sweet, my rose, the one only who does not distress me in this world...

My Constantinople, my Caraman, the earth of my Anatolia

My Badakhshan, my Baghdad and Khorasan
My woman of the beautiful hair, my love of the slanted brow, my love of eyes full of mischief...

I'll sing your praises always
I, lover of the tormented heart, Muhibbi of the eyes full of tears, I am happy."

I walked out to the balcony while reading and I could feel his eyes on me.

I looked up to see his loving eyes staring down at me while I've been reading his letter and I couldn't help smiling.

This is when I really feel that it wasn't a waste of time to stay here and do what I've done in my life instead of going with my sister back home, or something like that...