Chapter 165

Within a week German finally got better and he got back to work... Once again thanks to me because if I wouldn't have been there, always keeping an eye on him he sure wouldn't have stayed on his butt!

Anyway...

Another war is coming soon and even though I know German's healthy it makes me so worried... More and more worried every time... Since German's getting old too after all and he's not as good as he used to be...

He shouldn't be going into fights anymore, but stay back and live his life normally... But for a while he won't.

He still doesn't know who should be the next sultan after him and soon it'd be time to choose.

All his sons are strong and they all have everything that's needed to be a great sultan, but he's mostly hesitating between Mustafa and Mehmet.

I never told this to anyone because I know... As soon as the others like Mahidevran finds out about this she'll do something to make sure that Mehmet won't be able to become the sultan and sure will fall out of this.

It's not like I don't want Mustafa to become the sultan, or if I don't like him... But Mehmet is my son... So... Of course I want him to be the one.

Anyway...

- Angie... - German whispered into my ear which made me jump as I was totally alone on the balcony.

- Y-Yes? - I mumbled.

- I'm gonna take the boys out to a fight now - he said then came closer to me and kissed my head softly - I wanted to tell you so you won't get worried.

- Okay - I smiled - Take care of yourself... All of you.

- We will - he nodded then he left.

As long as they'll be together out there they'll be perfectly fine.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Later on I went to see Ludmilla to talk for a bit and tell her about my worries...

- You shouldn't be worrying so much - she smiled at me.

- Everyone says this though... - I sighed deeply - I can't not to worry... He's getting old too and Selim and Bayezid are just can't get along... Mostly now that they both are adults and have so much to fight for...

- This is one thing that Mustafa is really worried about as well... But I think they're smart enough to realize what can they lose if they keep doing this...

- I really don't know...

Then Mahidevran came into the room and both me and Ludmi sighed frustratedly:

- No need to be so happy to see me, really - Mahidevran groaned - I just came to check on you, but as I see you have a guest too - she said, referring to me by "guest".

- Yes. Do you have any problem with me being here? - I asked her calmly, but I truly wanted to slap her so bad right now.

- So many problem with that... But I'm not going to say anything more because of Ayse being here.

- What about me, grandma?? - asked Ayse who has been sitting between me and Ludmi.

- Nothing, darling - Mahidevran smiled at her - I'll come back to you later, okay?

- Okay!

- Have a lovely day, you two - she said to us sarcastically then walked out.

- This woman... - I sighed once again deeply.

- Don't get angry - Ludmi smiled - She has been doing this since I've been together with her son and I've already got use to it.

- I've got use to it too, but sometimes I just can't...!

- I understand you... - she sighed as we continued talking...