Chapter 167

I can't believe I'm on my own son's funeral... And this is all German's fault...

Why?

Because he killed him!

----- FLASHBACK -----

- What? - I questioned back to Sümbül - That can't be possible...

- It is...

At this point I collapsed and for long minutes I couldn't even cry. I was too shocked to cry.

- What... Happened...?

- I don't know any details...

- But I do - said Leon who just came into my room - The sultan got a letter a few days ago which said that Sehzade Mehmet is working on to get a team of soldiers against the sultan and get him off his throne.

- What?! - I snapped as I jumped up and by now I've been crying - Who sent that letter?!

- No one knows - he shaked his head - I'm so sorry...

- For what? You weren't the one killing my son... - I muttered, sitting back down.

- But I didn't find the letter early enough... To stop him...

- What about Vilu? Does she know about it too?

- Yes... She has been crying for hours before I left to come here, but I left her with Ludmilla.

- Okay... Okay... - I stuttered and suddenly I got so angry so I stormed out to German's room.

----- TIME SKIP -----

At his room I went in without waiting for anyone, or anything, but as soon as I arrived I saw a depressed German sitting on his bed, also crying...

- What did you do?! - I snapped at him, crying really hard by now, but he didn't look up - Answer me!! - I shouted - Why did you do that?! Why...

- Did Leon visit you? - he asked quietly.

- Yes...

- Then you already know why.

- No!! - I screamed - No, I don't! Why did you believe an unknown letter instead of your own son?! Why did you have to kill him like that?! - I cried while German was just looking at me, not knowing why to do, or say to me at all - He loved you more than anyone ever and you did this to him?!! What kind of father are you, seriously?!!

This moment he stood up in front of me and I thought he's going to send me out, but instead he was only staring at me with his eyes red from crying too and this was also the moment when Mustafa came into the room and made me leave German...

----------

And since then all I could do was to cry...

When the funeral finished I was just standing in front of where Mehmet was burried while everyone else were slowly disappearing from around me, but someone was still next to me.

German.

- Angie, come back inside... - he said as he gently grabbed my arm, but I pushed him off.

- Don't touch me!! - I cried out - You killed him!! Get away from me!!!

- Angie...

- Leave me alone!! - I cried as I turned away from him.

After a while of just standing behind me German finally decided to leave.

When that happened even the rain started while I collapsed down on the ground and let out all my anger and sadness and just cried there, alone, in the rain.... This is the first time I wanted German to be as far away as possible...