Chapter 156

I've been up the whole night, thinking if Maria was serious about everything that she said, or...

No! She must be serious!

I also hope that she'll be fine and Ibrahim, or anyone won't send someone to kill her as he did with Gülsah years ago...

Leo and his men are with her... She'll be just fine and I should stop worrying and rest now!

I don't know if I seriously forgave her to be honest... She fell in love with MY husband and wanted to take him away from me... And it wasn't only because of the order she got...

- I don't know what to think anymore! - I groaned while I was talking to Vic.

- Calm down and stop being annoyed! - she snapped at me - Now nothing can keep you back from whatever you want to do!

- Yeah, right! - I smiled a bit, but something was still missing to me.

German.

------ TIME SKIP -----

3 days passed by since Maria left the palace and nothing really changed.

I've still been alone, German still doesn't care about me, but atleast Mustafa and Ludmi came home with the baby now.

I'm so happy for them! They're so cute and mostly little Ayse.

In the evening when they came home we had a family dinner with everyone around the table: Mehmet, Mustafa, Selim, Bayezid, Chihangir, Violetta, German, Ludmi with Ayse and me.

All went great and we had a great time together.

After the dinner I went to help Ludmi to take her baby to bed as a few minues later Mustafa joined too...

- What's up with you and the sultan? - he asked.

- Nothing - I replied simply.

- Nothing at all?

- Nothing. He doesn't even try to talk to me since Maria left.

- What an asshole!

- Don't talk like that about your father!

- He kept saying how much he loves you and once a girl appears he totally forgets about it!

- I know, but oh well... He's the sultan. He can do whatever he wants.

- You shouldn't be like that... - he sighed.

- Ah... Don't worry about me! - I smiled as I went to kiss the Ayse on the head and later I headed back to my room.

----- TIME SKIP -----

In the middle of the night I heard weird noises from the balcony and just as I was about to get up to check what's going on a dark figure appeared at the door with a knife.

- Don't you dare... - I hissed, but it didn't work.

- You're going to die tonight - said the figure who was clearly a woman and swung her knife just inches away from my face.

Just the matter of time and us being loud until the guards heard us and came in to help out and just a few seconds later Bali Bey also came.

- Again?!

- Seems like someone really wants me dead and doesn't care if the sultan's near, or not - I sighed, but before the guards took the girl out I checked who it was - Fatma?!

It was the same girl that once already wanted to kill me.

- You again... - I groaned as I slapped her hard on the face - Took her out of here and execute her!

- Sultana...

Bali Bey was about to say something, but I cut him off...

- Execute her!

He bowed before taking the panicking Fatma out of my room.

Now I'm pretty sure that it's Mahidevran who wants to kill me so badly and I'm not keeping her servant alive anymore!

But before Bali Bey left...

- Meet me tomorrow afternoon in the garden - I told him - And bring a sword, or knife with you.

- Huh? Why?

- I need you to teach me... Teach me how I can protect myself... Because at one point I'll need that... When someone gets a killer that smarted and stronger than Fatma, or that boy was...

- Alright, sultana... But...

- Don't worry about the sultan, or anyone else seeing that... I'll tell them the truth then... But until then...

He just nodded then left my room....