Chapter 84

A few days later I decided to "accidentally" go around where Mustafa usually hang out when he's thinking because this is something I know this about him...

Not like Mahidevran.

Anyways...

As I was walking outside I saw him at the spot where I was guessing he'll be, but he didn't notice me first so I simply sat down on the nearby bench and let him be.

At one moment he suddenly turned to me...

- How long will you just watching me? - he asked, slightly frustrated.

- I didn't want to bother you while thinking - I replied firmly - As I saw you need time to calm down...

- Indeed... - he sighed - I'm sorry. I'm not mad at you, or anything like that...

- It's just because of the engagement, right?

- So you know about it already...

- Yes, I do.

- But I can't get married to her! Not like if she wouldn't be a great wife, but she's only like a sister to me... And I can't marry my sister!

- I understand the problem... And I asked your father about this, but he's only going to agree to this if both you and Aybige agree too.

- I see... - Mustafa sighed.

- Anyway how's Ludmi? Oh, sorry... Efsun - I grinned and he started smiling too.

- She's fine - he replied - And so am I since she's with me... But I'm afraid that this engagement is slowly breaking her down.

- This is what I was thinking as well.

- She thinks I'm gonna leave her because of this, but I'm not gonna do that!

- That's one thing, but you know that this is a great opportunity for you as well and I'm pretty sure you've been thinking about that as well.

He suddenly took a deep breath before he continued.

- Do you think I'm lying? - he asked.

- No, of course not! But I know your mother and probably Ibrahim pasha is also working on to convince you to this, right?

- Yes, but I won't say yes until I have a good reason to that!

At this moment I saw Mahidevran coming towards us so I quickly jumped up from the bench.

- Oh... I should have just call her and she's coming - I groaned - I'm going before she starts arguing again.

Mustafa just nodded and I walked away to my favorite spot: to the rose garden.

------ TIME SKIP -----

When I arrived to the rose garden I saw German standing there, looking like he's deep in thoughts now.

I quietly sneaked behind him and wrapped my arms around him which first made him jump, but then he just took a deep breath and relaxed completely.

- What are you thinking about? - I asked him.

He turned around and pulled me into his strong arms and kissed m head gently.

- Nothing special... I just came here to get away from Ibrahim because he's starting to get annoying on me...

- Oh really? - I laughed.

He's always annoying, but it's my opinion.

- Yeah...

- But you know he'll find you here.

He looked down at me.

- Well? Do you have any better idea to go to where no one can find us? - he asked, grinning at me.

- I actually have - I grinned back - You remember that place where I always go when I want to think?

- Outside on that open field?

- Yes.

- Hm... Sounds great - he smiled as we headed to the barn first then out to the place what I was talking about to relax and talk and I honestly love these moments together... Just relaxing and enjoying each other's company.