Chapter 5

Later at the same day people were whispering around and I was curious about what's happening and so was Carla when another girl, called Elif came to inform us.

- Mahidevran sultana is coming today - she said - She's so far the number one of the sultan's favorites!

- Oh, I see - I groaned.

- She has a son too, called Mustafa.

- Even better - I groaned again.

I can't be better if she actually has a son too. The sultan's son! Good god...

- Angie, are you okay? - Carla asked me.

- Yeah, sure - I mumbled.

Later on we indeed saw Mahidevran sultana coming to visit the sultan and she's a really beautiful woman. I feel like I have no chance beside her. I really don't.

- Lucky woman... - I muttered to myself.

- Don't daydream and our lord until he calls you himself - said Daye Hatun, who takes care about literally almost everything in the harem.

- I already stopped daydreaming....

She looked at me for a second and seemed to be wanting to say something, but then she just walked away.

----- TIME SKIP -----

I felt so awful today after seeing Mahidevran sultana because I realized that I'm nowhere as beautiful as her and the sultan would never ever like me.

When we finished with work I decided to sneak outside to garden to take a walk and as I was walking I suddenly noticed a beautiful rose garden nearby to I went to check it.

Red roses reminds me of Maria so much and that makes me think... What's up with her? Or is she here too?

- What are you thinking about, pretty one?

The sudden male's voice made me jump and when I turned around I saw the sultan standing there and I quickly bowed my head.

- I-I'm sorry, Sir... I just... - I stuttered when I felt a large hand on my shoulder.

- Don't worry about it - he said - Now... How about you look up at me?

I was surprised by how softly he asked me this and I did as he asked me and looked up into his eyes and as soon as I did it his gaze made me melt.

His eyes... Those brown eyes...

- How do you feel? - he asked.

- Ah... Uhm... I... Good... - I stuttered - Thank you for asking.

- That's good to hear.

I felt so nervous for some reason. I don't know why though, but his gaze was so warm and kind... That I couldn't help, but staring at him which he actually noticed after some time.

- Why are you looking at me like that? - he asked, rather curiously.

- Ah! Uhm... No reason... - I muttered as I turned back to the roses again.

- Beautiful, isn't it? - he said as I could feel he was smiling.

- Yeah... - I mumbled - Uh! I must got back before they notice that I'm...

- That you're out?

- Y-Yes.

- I was surprised that you're here. But let me take you back... Or you can even come to my room and clean up a little bit so no one will have a problem with you since you were working. What do you say?

What?! This actually sounded like he was flirting with me!

But who am I kidding? I love it!

- Okay... - I nodded hesitantly then we headed to his room.

There I was slightly shocked by how huge his room was, but I had to work too so I quickly finished and headed away... Or atleast I wanted to until the sultan caught me.

- Wait... I haven't even asked your name - he smiled softly at me.

- My... My name's Angeles... - I replied, trying to stay calm - But in my village everyone called me Angie.

- Angeles... Such a beautiful name - he smiled - Alright. Now go before you got into trouble!

I nodded and quickly left his room, but after this I couldn't control myself. I was just so excited and happy.