Chapter 182

After I finished with my speech at the graves me and Sümbül headed back to the wagon and with that we went to the palace where Mahidevran was living since she has been sent away and isn't allowed to come back at all anymore.

As we arrived the servants all bowed deeply and at one door one of them were about to go in, probably telling Mahidevran that I'm here...

- Don't... - I said - And I want to talk to her alone.

- Understood, sultana - he bowed and backed off from the door.

Here comes nothing... Or whatever.

I knocked:

- Come in! - I hear her voice from the inside so I went in and she seemed pretty shocked to see me - Hürrem...

She didn't look like herself at all.

She seemed like she got twice as older as she actually is and seemed even more depressed than she was before.

- Nice to see you too, Mahidevran - I said.

- What do you want?

At this point I looked over to her servant girl who has been standing there...

- Leave - she demanded to her and she left right away - So? What do you want?

- I want to talk...

- Talk about what? You turned everyone against me! Even my own son and killed everyone that was my friend!

- Hold on! - I cut her off - You're complaining? You killed my dear Mehmet! And should I blame you for Chihangir's death too?!

She grew quiet right away.

- I wouldn't complain so much because your son's alive. I could've done the exact same to you, but I didn't. And you know why?

- Why?

- Because I'm not like you, Fatma, or Ibrahim... Even if you still think so...

We both were quiet for 3 minutes before Mahidevran spoke up again...

- So why did you come at the first place?

Get to the point, Angie!

- I'm gonna meet my Mehmet and Chihangir very soon...

Mahidevran stared at me for a few long seconds before she realized what I just said and deep shock have been seen on her face.

- Hürrem...

- Let me finish!

She nodded.

- You heard it right. I'm indeed going to leave this world... But while I have a chance to do it... I want to ask your forgieveness... Forgiveness for everything I've done.

She stared at me in shock.

- I've already forgave you... Even though you really don't deserve it... But I have. May Allah will help us out... - I said firmly which was indeed true - But what about you? Do you forgive me?

She was looking at me coldly and shocked at the same time and soon she replied:

- I forgive you. I forgive you for taking everyone away from me and turning my son against me. But for all the other things you've done... May Allah will forgive you for all that...

This is all I needed to hear and see.

I could see that Mahidevran was serious, yet still shocked by what I just said... But she didn't lie, or anything.

I sighed deeply then after bowing slightly I headed out of her room and as soon as I did a sharp pain came through my chest, making me caugh again really badly while Sümbül ran up to me right away.

- I'll be fine... - I said to him - Just... Just give me a second...

This pain I feel must be my punishment for taking German away from Mahidevran... For making the valide's life into a nightmare... And killing people for threatening me...

But it's okay. I'm starting to get use to it... I won't need to feel this for too long... But while I'm still alive I need to make sure that everything will be fine with everyone when I'll be no longer here...

- Okay... - I took a deep breath I think I'm fine now.

Sümbül nodded hesitantly then we were about to head to the wagon when I heard the door behind me opening and Mahidevran came out and when I turned around she hugged me...

I had no idea what to say, or do to this so instead of saying anything I hugged her back and a few minutes later I left the palace...