Chapter 203

A few hours didn't even pass by when in the middle of the night I decided to head outside, to the graveyard, where Angie was burried...

But as soon as I stepped out I realized that I couldn't go alone. Two aga came with me.

But it wasn't a big problem as I told them to stay at the entrance while I'm going in.

As I arrived to her grave I stood there a few seconds, in silent...

- Why did you leave me? - I mumbled - Why did you leave me alone? You promised you'll be with me forever...

I waited for some seconds before continue...

- I know it's not your fault... Allah wanted this to happen... But it's still not fair... Not fair at all... I still need you... I should've gone with you...

Now I sat down to the ground and sighed very deeply.

- I miss you already... I miss you so much... - I said - All I can promise you now is that I'll come to see you... Every day... Because I want you to know... That even if we're far away from each other now... I love you so much... Nothing and no one can make me leave you ever...

At this moment I suddenly heard footsteps from behind me and when I turned around to see Pablo standing behind me with Victoria on his side.

- Wanna come over here? - I asked them.

They both nodded and sat down next to me to the ground too.

We were sitting there, silently for a while when Pablo spoke up...

- I was mad at you... So mad - he said while looking straight at me - I hated you for taking her away from me...

- Pablo! - Victoria hissed at him.

- No... Let him speak - I said calmly.

- I seriously hated you... But you took care of her after all... - Pablo continued with a deep sigh - You took care of her the way that I could never do in my life...

- I wouldn't think so...

- But I think so. No... I've seen it... I've seen everything...

He sighed again.

- She loved you... So much... Until her very last breath... She loved you so much and her children... Your relationship with her was something truly amazing...

- I still hurted her...

- Maybe you did... But you always ended up by her side!

- That's true...

- I'm happy... That she got to live with you... A happy life...

This made me smile and cry at the same time...

- I never thought... - Victoria continued - That one day I'll be the one being at her funeral... Instead of her being on mine...

- Life has been really unfair to us... - I sighed - I'd have taken all the pain and everything from her so she can live longer...

- I know you would... - she smiled.

At this moment Selim, Bayezid, Mustafa, Nurbanu and Ludmilla came and joined to the conversation...

- Mother always told me when I was younger... To keep my distance from her... - Mustafa sighed - Telling me that she's... Well... She's bad... Let's just say that...

I sighed.

- But luckily... As I grew up I saw that she isn't bad... She has never been... Bad... But helping us a lot...

- She loved you like her own sons, Mustafa. She was always so proud of you, every time when you helped your brothers, or something like that...

- I know...

- She was probably less proud of me... - Bayezid muttered - All I've been doing lately is to making more and more arguments and fights with Selim even though she told me to not to...

- I wouldn't think so, Bayezid - Selim interrupted - Even if you're a trouble maker mother always loved you... Maybe even more than any of us.

- Huh?

- Believe me, this is the truth...

- How do you know that?

- She always wanted to protect you and this is why she has been telling you to not to fight with me.

- She just knew that I'm weaker than you...

- I disagree - I interrupted this time - Believe it, or not... She really just wanted to protect you, but not because you're weaker than your brother... Because she didn't want you to do something that could make me mad...

At this point Nurbanu and Ludmilla both sighed deeply.

- Do you have anything to say, ladies? - I asked them.

- I don't know what I should say right now... - Ludmilla sighed while she has been holding onto Mustafa's hand the whole time - Before we all got here... I've never actually thought of her like a mother... Like someone I can fully trust even though she was my teacher for a long time... But while we were living here... She didn't just become my mother, but she taught me so much...

- This is the same as me then... - Nurbanu continued - I didn't know what to do when my father was killed and I got into the harem... I was lost, depressed and weak... But she gave me advices, even though I was no one...

- I can explain why...

Suddenly Sümbül spoke up from behind us.

- Because you reminded her of herself from when she was new here...

Nurbanu gasped.

- Now I understand... - I mumbled while looked back at the grave - So you knew... That she can become someone here...

- She knew... She wanted happiness for all of us... - said Sümbül.

- Yeah... - sighed everyone at the same time then after a short pray we all headed back to the palace.

Somehow this meeting made everyone feel a little better.