Chapter 116

Angie's POV:

2 more days passed and soon German called us over and us I mean me, Mahidevran, Priscilla, Gregorio, Ibrahim, Ludmilla, Hatice, Gülfem and Mustafa.

- What's going on? - Ludmi asked me - Why were we called over here now?

- I don't know... I really don't - I replied, a bit confused - We'll have to see that...

- Probably because of his decision - groaned Mahidevran - So be ready to leave, Hürrem - she added, hissing at me.

- Why are you so sure that you're gonna be the choosen one? - I hissed back.

- Would you stop?! - suddenly Hatice hissed at both of us - Calm down because I'll be the one throwing you out of the room!

At this moment the door opened and German came in, making everyone calm down and shut up right away.

- Great - he started - Everyone's here.

- Yes, brother - Hatice spoke first - As you asked us to come... But why? You didn't tell any of us.

- Yes, I know. It's because I wanted everyone to hear this first here - he said then after a deep breath he continued - It's about the harem.

Everyone sighed.

- You all know about the problems going on and I'm not going into another war before making sure that everything's in good hands. Which means I've chosen the new leader who'll be officially chosen in front of the others tonight.

All of us were literally staring at him right now as we wanted to hear what he decided.

- Any issues that are going to be in the harem, orwith anyone who doesn't agree with this will get executed. Otherwise the new valide is Hürrem from now.

We all were dead quiet for some seconds before I even realized what he just said.

- Me...? - I muttered.

- Great - Mahidevran groaned while the other were quiet. I don't know if it's because they agree, or they simply holding back their anger, but I didn't care either way.

He chose me!

- Now... Everyone leave! Except you, Hürrem... You stay.

They all left the room until it was me and German left in there and I could barely hide my happiness and excitment after this.

- Now, Angie... - he started - You do know that this isn't going to be easy...

- I know!

- For the first time leading the whole harem is going to be hard and not always too good.

- Are you trying to sound like my father? - I joked - German... I'll do my very best to be a good valide... I promise - I said, now on a serious tone and kissed his hand.

- I know you will - he smiled - I know...