Chapter 146

- Should I take this as a yes? - German said cheekily as he finally let go if me so I could catch my breath.

- I told you I'm going back - I replied - Harem needs me since I'm the real leader. I don't know what else do you want to hear.

At this point I knew what he really wanted, but I wanted him to say it... To say that he loves me... Because this kiss we just had was everything, but if he doesn't say a word to me I can't be sure.

- Yes... This is all - he said, but now he seemed a bit disappointed - Mostly because another war is coming within 2 months and I want the harem and everything to be in good hands again... While I'm off.

- I'll be there. Don't worry... I've earned to be the valide for a reason, haven't I?

- Yes, you have - he nodded - Uhm... Shall we go back?

I just nodded as we headed back to the others and there I saw how coldly Maria was looking at me, but this time I was the happiest person in the room... Well... Almost.

----- TIME SKIP -----

When the 2 months passed I headed back to the sultan's palace to get my place back and this time... This time I'm stronger than I was.

I accepted the situation what we have for now.

- Behave! Haseki Hürrem Sultana's coming! - shouted Sümbül as I walked through the corridors, to the harem's place to look around.

By the way... You know how good is this? To hear someone introducing you before you're walking into a room like now?

It's so damn amazing!

- Welcome home, valide! - one of the girls said to me.

- Thank you - I replied, smiling at her - I'm home now and I'm not going to leave again anytime soon!

Some girls were happy to hear this, some wasn't that much.

As I turned around to leave to my room when suddenly Maria shouted after me.

- Valide!

I turned half way towards here with a smile on my face.

- Yes? - I asked.

- Can we uhm... Can we talk?

- Come to my room! I actually wanted to talk to you as well.

She just nodded as she followed me back to my room.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Arriving to my room I looked over to Sümbül and Gregorio who has been with me and they left the room so it was only me and Maria.

- What do you want? - I asked her, coldly.

- You and him back in Edirne...

- Yes? We were what? Kissing? - I smiled - Yes, we did, but as you saw too he kissed me first... And no one can say no to him.

- Y-Yes...

- By the way you have no more business with the harem from now. I'm back and I'll be working again!

- Okay, but...

- And one more thing...

- Yes?

I grabbed her and pushed her against the wall.

- Don't you dare act like you have any right to ask me about why am I kissing my husband! - I hissed - We have been knowing and loving each other for longer than you think and don't worry... I'll make sure you don't need to suffer for too long when I'm getting him back!

- What... Is that mean? - she stuttered.

I let go of her.

- Sümbül aga! - I shouted.

He came in right away with two little bottles in his hand and gave them to me.

- Now listen to me closely... This is what you're going to take if you fail keeping the sultan for yourself - I said - This is a lovely poison that I've been almost poisoned with a few years ago... So if you lose... You're going to die!

She went pale as I said that.

- But I'm not unfair with you because if I fail getting him back... I'll drink this.

- What?!

- Now get out! - I shouted and with that she left my room...