Chapter 136

The next day German called me over because of some business about the harem so I headed over to him and did what I was asked to do.

When we finished...

- You can leave now - he said as he sat at his desk, reading the papers, but I decided to talk to him more now.

- German... - I mumbled.

- What?

- Why are you avoiding me?

- I'm busy.

- German, I know you're lying! - I burst out - Stop doing this to me!

He took a deep breath before he stood up and walked closer to me while looked into my eyes.

- What do you want me to say?

- I want you to admit that you're playing with my sister! - I said and now I could barely hold my tears back.

- I do. So what?

- So what? - I stuttered - I'm your wife! You shouldn't be doing this! Or atleast you could have told me about it!

- You can't tell me what to do! - he snapped angrily - I'm Sultan Süleyman and no one can tell me what to do except myself! - he hissed - Now even you, Hürrem...

- Hürrem... - I repeated, slightly shocked - Now I'm Hürrem to you too, huh...

- Just leave! - he said as he turned away from me and just looked at the fireplace while I was fighting my tears back.

- Fine... But I'm not giving up on you... - I said then I left his room, feeling like I'm about to cry.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Arriving back to my room I went out to the balcony and I just cried and cried.

I couldn't believe he said what he said to me and I felt like I'm no longer even needed here... At this point all I wanted is to leave and never look back...

But then I needed to realized that my life is here... I can't leave and I can't give up on my love...

I need to fight! I need to fight and make Maria leave, or literally anything that can make her do anything, but to be as far away from German as possible.

But how?

If German really loves her then I can't hurt her... I can't do anything against her! I can't!

But... What now then?

----- TIME SKIP -----

Once again I bumped into Maria, but this time I was alone and no one was around me.

- Angie!

- What do you want from me?! - I snapped - You betrayed me and took away my only happiness! I have nothing to talk to you about!!!

- Angeles! You'll listen to me now! - she snapped back at me while she grabbed my arm to stop me from walking away.

- Do you want me to slap you again?! - I snapped again.

- No, but I want you to atleast listen to me!

I was so annoyed, but I took a deep breath and turned to look at her.

- Talk! - I said simply.

- They wanted me to go to that party! The party that the sultan got when he came back from the war!

----- FLASHBACK FROM MARIA'A POV -----

Everything was almost ready for the party and I've been helping out the other girls when Mahidevran sultana called me over.

- Yes, sultana? - I asked while bowing.

- I have a job for you - she said - Follow me and I'll tell you more about it.

I was so confused, but I did how I was asked and fillowed her to her room and there she told me about the job...

- What?! - I gasped.

- I need a belly dancer for the party... And you'll be perfect for this!

- But then this party...

- Exactly - she smiled evilly at me - I need you to seduce the sultan away from Hürrem.

- I can't do that! She's my sister!

At this moment her servant... Fatma grabbed me from behind and held a knife at my throat.

- I'll tell you one more time... You'll go and dance on the party... Or Fatma is going to take your life right now...

- A-Atleast I have time to think? - I asked, now shaking as hell from fear.

- So you can talk to your sister? Sorry, but no. Now... Go and get ready! Fatma will give you what you'll need for this...

----------

- And soon as we had the time together with him I...

- You really fell in love with him, didn't you? - I hissed, now on a shaky voice.

- Yes... Yes, I did... - Maria muttered - I'm so sorry...

- Let go of my arm and get out of my sight! - I groaned then I simply walked away from her.