Chapter 108

Another few days passed and I even met Beyhan sultana, who's German's and Hatice's older sister. She came to visit Hatice because she has been really down after the valide died and she wanted to make sure that her little sister is okay.

But something's not right between her Beyhan and German... I can see that by the looks they're giving to each other when we arrived to Hatice sultana's palace this afternoon.

- How are you doing, My Hatice? - German said as he kissed her on the head, but as soon as Hatice replied he was looking at Beyhan who has been looking down the whole time.

- I'm good...

After some moment of silent...

- Hürrem, would you like to see the kids? - she asked me.

- Uhm... Yes - I nodded, a but hesitantly then looked up at German who just nodded and both me and Hatice left.

German's POV:

This is getting more and more awkward now that Hatice and Angie left and me and Beyhan has been left alone outside the garden.

I've been scared of this conversation, but this had to happen sooner, or later after what have happened between us...

- And how are you lately... Beyhan? - I asked her, but she still seemed frustrated.

- Pretty good... Thank you - she muttered.

- I see... Good...

God, what the hell am I supposed to do now? She doesn't want to talk to me at all... But this has to be solved between us... Even though I love her and I really miss her...

- Beyhan...

- What?

- How long will we do this?

- Do what?

- This. Hating on me.

- You did this to yourself, German - she said coldly - You killed my husband!

- What was I supposed to do?!

- I know he made a mistake... I know he was guilty in what he did... But did you really had to do that...? Did you really...?!

- I can't have anyone out of the rules... He knew what he's gonna get, but he did it anyway... And I had no choice... But it was painful to me too.

- You too? You too?! You're not the one who needs to always avoid the children's question "What happened to dad?" And " Why did he die?"! It's me who always just stays quiet!

- Why don't you tell them?

- How could I possibly tell them that their uncle is the reason that their father is dead?!

I didn't know what to say to this. I just froze.

Her husband was a pretty powerful pasha, serving by my side for years. He has been really worthy for my trust... Until I found out that he has been taking advantage of the power he had.

When I found that out I first locked him down and thinking for literally 2 days straight without sleeping I realized that I had no choice, but to execute him.

I mean... I was still young and people were barely trusting me just yet. With power there comes mich bigger responsibility as well and.... Well, I had no choice... And since then Beyhan hates me more than anything and anyone.

"You're the sultan... But you're no longer my brother!"

This was the last thing she said that day and aince then whenever we meet she act like just someone that doesn't even related to me at all and this is why she didn't come near to my palace for years, only if it was necessary.

Like now... To my mother's funeral and ro cheer Hatice up...

- I have nothing more to say to you! - Beyhan suddenly said and she was about to leave, but I grabbed her arm and pulled her back to me, into my arms.

For a while she was trying to resist, but then she slowly burst out crying and no longer wanted to get out of my arms...