Chapter 124

A few minutes after Nurbanu left my room Maria finally spoke up...

- When you said she reminds you of someone you knew... You were talking about yourself... Right?

- Yes, that's right - I nodded - Except that the previous valide wasn't as nice to me as I was to this girl.

- What did she do?

- She threatened me that I should stay quiet and do how I'm told, or I'll regret it... And since that moment we had pretty much an awful relationship...

- But you became her son's wife.

- Not with her permission - I laughed - She never wanted him to take me as his wife, but he did it anyway... And this is why I love him so much - I giggled - Well... One of the reasons why I love him...

- I bet you do - Maria smiled, a bit awkwardly so I decided to change the subject - Anyway... Everything will be ready for mother to go home safe.

- That's good - she mumbled.

- Are you sure you want to stay? You can go home with her as well.

- No... I want to stay - she smiled then pulled me into a hug - I want to protect my little sis again!

- I'm not that little anymore - I laughed as I hugged her back - But thank you... This really means a lot...

----- TIME SKIP -----

And the next day I took mom to her wagon which will take her home and when we were there four guards were standing there too, including one...

- Bali Bey? - I gasped.

- Good morning, sultana - he said as he bowed - Uhm... Valide sultana, to be exact.

- Good morning... - I muttered - When did you come back to the palace?

Just to remind everyone... After the issues with Aybige when she went home he went back to his home village too to work there and this was... Around 5 years ago by now.

- Just yesterday - he replied - And soon the sultan asked me to help out in this.

- I see... I'm much calmer now then.

- Oh really? - mom interrupted.

- Yes... Yes, because Bali Bey is a great person and strong soldier too. He'll be able to protect you for sure - I replied and hugged her tightly.

- You're giving me too much, sultana - said Bali, looking slightly embarrassed.

- This is all the truth! You saved my life once before as well!

- I did what I had to do.

I just shaked my head to this and turned back to my mother...

- Be careful and write a letter as soon as you arrived, okay?

- Okay, Angie - she smiled - And you be careful too...

- I will - I replied and after one more hug I let her go and watched as her wagon was slowly disappearing from my eyes.

I felt kinda sad that she didn't want to stay, but I'm kinda happy too because this palace isn't for her.

Things happen here that aren't for her... And I don't want her near Mahidevran either.

Mostly this is why I wanted to send Maria away too, but after many and many arguments I let her stay... But honestly I don't know what I should be doing...

She's too determined and when she decides something she doesn't let anyone, ot anything to change her mind...

I'll just enjoy that my sister is with me here!