21

Hana's POV

"She is obviously protecting the killer" Ace said and kept laughing

"Shut the hell up!" Minho shouted and punched Ace

Ace kept laughing "I wonder who Akira wants to protect" he said and kept eyeing us one by one

Akira, why? Who do you want to protect? Why are you protecting the killer? Does he mean a lot to you? If that's the case, then it must be Jisung or Felix. They are the only guys you treasure so much. Why?

"Aren't you gonna shut your mouth?!" Minho shouted

"The killer doesn't matter right now. We have to make this guy arrested" Seungmin said

Ace pushed Minho "I can't believe this. You all look like a fool trying to find the killer when he is here"

It must be one of them or Ace is trying to trick us.

I stood up and went towards Ace "You are trying to play with us, right?"

"I am not playing. The killer is here. Akira saw him killing the student" Ace smiled at me and wiped the blood on my lower lip "I thought you are smart but when you started suspecting me. I realized you are one of them. You can't even get it right"

The next thing I knew Ace was punched by Chan.

"Don't you disrespect anyone here, murderer" Chan

"Aren't you the killer?" Ace asked Chan with his crazy smile

"What?" Chan was confused

Ace still managed to smile "Do you know how Akira found out?"

We all looked at him.

"We are in the security room. It's obvious, through the cctv cameras but fuck hahahaha. She deleted all the files before you all see it" Ace

I looked at the computer and it's 98% already and only 2% the file can be deleted. I gathered my strength and tried to cancel it but it already reached 100% and it completely deleted all the files.

"Boom" Ace chuckled

He is getting on my nerves. I didn't waste any time and took the knife on the floor. I stabbed Ace right through his stomach. He started coughing blood.

"You... Don't you ever try to make me look like a fool. I can do worse than that"

"Hana!" Professor Cole shouted as he was shocked

I caress his face using my hand full of blood through his face with a smirk on my face.

"You must be the killer" Ace whispered

"Me?"

"The killer has a rule of killing 22 people only. T-That means he killed the last one when you arrived. Y-You were the first person who arrived here after Alex" Ace was staring at me and looks scared "It must be you who killed Alex"

Stupid.

"Don't move!" Detective Chad shouted

I didn't move and just stood up there and watch him put handcuffs to Ace and sent him to the hospital through an ambulance.

"Bring another one!" Detective Chad shouted to his officers as he saw Akira

I started crying as I realized the situation. I didn't even tried to protect Akira or save her from death. Maybe... She was scared to wake up the next day and continue living knowing who the killer is. She must be in pain after finding out who it was.

They put her on the stretcher and covered her with white cloth which hurts me even more. I have never seen anyone being covered with white cloth before because I hate the fact of seeing their faces for the last time.

I stopped the guy "C-Can I see her for the last time? Please"

Detective Chad signalled them to let me.

I removed the white cloth from her face "I-I'm sorry, Akira. I'm sorry. I failed to protect you. Please forgive me. I'm sorry"

The guys just stayed like that for a few seconds and covered her face again. They took her with them leaving me devastated.

Then, I felt someone caressing my shoulder. It was Seungmin.

"Let her rest" he whispered to me

"You all have to stay outside. I will be investigating you all" Detective Chad

We all went outside and everyone sat away or one seat apart from each other. I just stood up and glanced at them one by one.

Just seeing them all here makes me suspicious of them. What if there is not only one killer? What if it's the 8 of them? What if it's Professor Cole? What if Detective Chad set this up? What if everyone here were playing with me and find out who I am and why am I here? Everyone will probably come up with an alibi but those person I trust for now is Jeongin and Hyunjin since they are with me but... Both of them probably killed Alex before I met them. No matter how big the evidence is, Detective Chad will have a hard time finding out.

I don't understand what Alex means about the rule of killing 22 people only. Then, the killer must've stopped after killing the student that we saw in the laboratory.

Someone must be doing it.

I don't understand what is he trying to do. Is he provoking the killer? Or he is not happy that the killer stopped playing with them. Ace is pretending to be the killer as he is receiving orders from the unknown killer.

There are two killers.

One is the original killer...

While the other one is provoking.