139

Hana's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night, omly to find myself alone is what I hate the most. Why do I feel like everyone will leave me? Why do I feel like I will be left alone again?

The dream I had... I was so excited to save them because I knew what will happen next but it turned out to be something I didn't expect. Those people I met in my dream hurt me for leaving... Those people I met in real life also hurt me for leaving as well... How can life be so unfair?

This is why I never wanted to enter any frindship nor relationship. I will get hurt in the end, for being left alone.

I wish I will just go back in my dream, from the start, where I can freely help them without minding anyone. The more I get close to them, the more I get hurt. Can I just go back to before? I promise I will stop myself from getting close to someone.

I checked the time and it's almost 1 am, but Katana wasn't here yet. Is she going to sleep in the available room again?

I took out my phone from my cabinet and used it as a flashlight. She can't leave me here alone. To be honest, I got scared when Katana said the killer is obsessed with me. I think it was the creepiest thing I have ever heard. I admit it, I was fine when he is obsessed with me because he thought I am Ashika. But now... He is obsessed with me because I am Hana... Will be the creepiest thing I have ever heard.

I wore my cardigan and got out of the room. It wasn't that dark but the lights were kind of scary. It is dim light and there is no one here, only me. I should walk in bright light rather than walk in dim light.

I stopped walking when I saw a petal on the floor. Is she still designing the frames? That's what she told me. She will design the frames and will come back after. I hope Professor Roy and Detective Chad didn't leave her alone.

I went to the upper floor where the photos are. No one is here, the petals were a mess. The picture frames were on the floor, shattered. There is no way...

I looked at the club rooms and the ssg office but all of them are locked. I looked at the classrooms but she wasn't there. I looked at the computer room and it was empty-

There is no way she is in laboratory room...

I turned around and saw no one inside. Please, tell me she is not the next victim. I hurriedly ran to rhe bathroom of the floor but she wasn't there. I was about to go upstairs when I noticed the conference room.

In my dream, there is a secret door which Hyunjin used as a place for him to stay inside as he watches everyone.

I went inside, I locked the door, and hurriedly tried to find the secret door. I clicked and keep pushing everything I see, to see if something is supposed to open. Is this a coincidence? But it has the same door knob like in my dream...

I opened it, only to find pictures on the wall, some drawings, and a monitor where he watches. There are pictures of J, Ari, Yoon, Professor Trina and Professor Eli. Then, a photo of Ashika and Katana. There are photos of Seungmin, Jisung, Felix, Minho, Chan, Changbin, and Jeongin. On the other side, there are photos of Detective Chad, Professor Roy, Principal Dan and Professor Haz.

"Why are you here?" Hyunjin asked while standing at the corner staring at me

I fell on the floor as I saw his face... Why? I hoped that it wasn't you.

Why does it have to be you?

"What are these supposed to mean? Hyunjin... You have all our pictures, you are crossing out every photo of the victim... What are these? Why?"

He didn't talk.

"Hyunjin, why? Why does it have to be you?"

I felt my tears fell from my eyes as I looked at him. He looked away from me.

"You killed J"

He dropped his knife.

"How dare you cry in front of me pretending you are hurt!? How dare you act like you are mad when you are the one who killed her?! You are so heartless! She cared for you the most! She cared for you when no one else was there for you! Hyunjin! Why? Why do you have to kill her?!"

"She knows something about Ashika's death" Hyunjin said without looking at me

"You cared for that girl you just met? J wanted the best for you! She never thought of her brother outside this fucking Academy! She only cares for you! Even the last time we met... You are the one she talked about"

He looked at me.

"Hyunjin... She told me you were like an older brother and she would do everything to get you out of her"

He kneeled in front of me and tears fell from his eyes "Kill me"

"Of all people... Why do you have to kill someone who cares for you the most?"

He continued crying.

"You betrayed the one who cared for you"